UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

This navigatr is useless without the ability to list recorded programs in order of date instead of program title and no way to view what is programed  to record on a specific future date it makes having a PVR pointless

I Plan to Stick Around

If you check @57s post right above (#563) - his point #8 gives the fix for this "overscan" problem. You have to go into the Settings on the TV set to make the change.

....my TV is too old I guess.  While my TV has a bunch of aspect settings, none will fix the overscan.  So I'll have to live with it like it is...or switch to Bell.   I concur with someone's post that Rogers should have ensure all of the data was in the "safe" zone!

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Here's my list of dislikes///

- hit D button for weather. used to be able to hit D again to clear it. Now have to go find and hit Exit.

- miss the 4 star ratings on movies

- when looking at future recordings in my PVR list the details do not show what channel or time it is from

- miss hitting List twice to switch from Recorded to Future Recordings

- the NEW symbol on the guide for New shows stood out more before. hard to see now.

I Plan to Stick Around

Is it just me or is it harder to recognize which program is which from the tiles?  For universally known symbols like a stop sign, McDonald's arches and even a number of computer icons like those used for Internet Explorer, and Microsoft word, they are instantly recongnizable to many.  But the images used for the tiles for our programs are not.  They seem arbitrary.  Most I can't tell which show it is without finding some text which involves moving the "cursor" to the tile.  Back in the good old days of the last version of the interface I could READ which program was which.  Maybe I'll eventually get used to which program is which but this requires a bunch of relearning and for what purpose?  Maybe there are people that have trouble reading so the pictures are better.  And in that case, I say:  GIVE US THE CHOICE to select which interface presentation works better for us!

I'm a Senior Advisor

@DragonsOfWine wrote:

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, just really interested in how designs like this are developed and what customer feedback is used in the process. Is there a way for us to get involved ahead of time? 

Good question. I was going to stop replying in this thread because I don't have a Nextbox or Navigatr, but this is fairly generic. I have an SA8300HD PVR that's about half full, currently 5 shows/movies I'm hoarding because I watch most of my series recordings the same day, or within 2 or 3 days, and delete them. That for me is "normal". I would never need any elaborate folder system, as in RTN, or "tiles" in Navigatr, to keep track of my stuff.

However, I've seen Navigatr users claim they have 400+ recordings! Okay, these have to be the two extremes. I just can't imagine anyone programming Navigatr with a view to managing 400+ hoarded recordings. I bet Rogers never surveyed Nextbox customers to find out how many shows they save.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Erntwistle wrote:

Ha, what a smozzle.
Can anyone say "New Coke!!!!"

Please bring back the old features!!!!

One difference. Coke listened.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Contributor

OK,  after one day with the new less than easy to use Navigatr my thumb is worn out from all the extra remote clicks needed to access features and tring to figure out how to use them.  i too have encountered many of the complaints listed in the multitude of threads and posts but will (at this time) just mention the ones that are close to being a deal breaker with Rogers.

1.  The font on the guide and more so in some of the features is still almost unreadable for anyone with with less that 20/20 vision.  This is may not be a big issue for some but it is important to older viewers or those with visual disabilities. 

2.  With the NB2 not being able to easily determine if there are scheduled recording conflicts is time consuming and extremely frustrating.  Oh don't forget not being able to see the channel, and time  of scheduled recordings without haviing to click,click,click.....

There are several other issue that I absolutely detest but  "for now" will try to live with,  However, I'm n ot sure how long that will be.  My husband is already  advocating for  moving everything to Bell, but I am hoping for Rogers to make improvements over the coming weeks.

One quick question.  The mini-guide.  When I change channels it flickers into view for about one-tenth of a second.  is there any way to get it to stay long enough to read it?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@scuddycat wrote:

Well said, @DragonsOfWine.  Sadly, I don't think Rogers is listening.  I'm patiently awaiting my call back from the Office of the President from the feedback I wrote.

Sorry, not sure what you are refering to due to the batching that the Rogers people are doing. 

Could you let me know what this was in reference to? Thanks.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@mike017 wrote:

This navigatr is useless without the ability to list recorded programs in order of date instead of program title and no way to view what is programed  to record on a specific future date it makes having a PVR pointless

There were bugs in the previous version that if they still exist this will definitely be true. We would find that deleting a recorded program, especially from the top of the list, would throw off the list. Short of rebooting the box we would revert to a chronological list - the reboot would happen when we decided to go to bed.

I'm hoping because of the obvious re-write this doesn't happen.

But, agree, the removal of features makes it more difficult. Would be better if they added to the old and fixed existing problems rather than starting from scratch and creating new issues.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Starting tomorrow, we’ll be rolling out the new Navigatr software to all NextBox cable customers North and East of Toronto (including Scarborough, Richmond Hill, Barrie, Orangeville, Collingwood, Bolton, and Midland). 

We’ll keep you posted on upcoming Navigatr updates to the rest of our cable footprint, in addition to notifications customers will be getting by mail, email and text. 

Thanks!

RogersDarrell