Not a fan of the changes made to the guide old format was just fine and the new one is a hassle to use.Should have the option to decide which one you prefer to use. JUST SAYING
Well I got Navigatr update yesturday and for the most part like it but I do understand why people are not happy and I appreicate the bug lists that people are adding to this board.
For me the only really big issue is the recorded programs or scheduled recorded programs dont show the channel number. I actually like that fact the recorded and scheduled recorded programs are now in the same window but like someone suggested before they should have a filter cycle when you press the list button to cycle between all/recorded/scheduled.
The UI is very pretty but I dont like the look of the bar when you fast forward or rewind, especially the the little overlay that shows how fast you are fast forwarding or rewinding, that is just ugly.
Tips: Here are some tips (workarounds) that may help you navigate Navigatr more quickly and more easily. Again, I recommend reading this list completely since it addresses many of the questions in recent posts.
1. When you bring up your “List” of recordings, you can page down to see your scheduled recordings. Near the bottom of the page you will see your recordings scheduled for the next 6 days. You may also see some scheduled recordings that appear to be blank. You may have set these some time ago and they are simply scheduled but the programme doesn’t air within the next 6 days. Navigating on the single page is usually faster than changing the “filter” on your recordings.
2. When you’re in any of the menus, you can often go “up” instead of “down” or “left” instead of “right” (Wraparound). For example, when navigating the menus to invoke CC, if you use the “up” button after “info”, you’ll be able to invoke CC in 6 clicks, rather than the 11 clicks it would take if you follow the menus using the “down” button. Same holds true after pressing “Settings” to take you quickly to “Troubleshooting” in one click. People need to remember that menu items may not always appear on the page you are looking at. You may need to scroll down, or up, to get to more menu items. Sometimes there is an "arrow" at the bottom of the page indicating this, sometimes not.
3. Some people have reported that they see a blank screen if they press the “Settings” button. For those of you who have this issue, try pressing “Menu” instead. “Settings” should then be a submenu there. If you still can't see the settings, you may need to get Rogers to do a factory reset, or try one yourself - you'll lose all your recordings and settings though.
4. Don't press the FAV button at all if you wish to avoid problems with the current version of Navigatr. Just like on RTN, press "Guide" once to get all channels. While in the guide press "Guide" again to get your favourites, if you press "Guide" again, it'll go back to all chanels, etc. That should preclude any issues with your favourites.
5. "More Like This" can be disabled. Go to Settings - Related Content Settings - Don't Show.
6. In order to check on my scheduled recordings I typically use AnyPlace Web interface (or the RAPTV App, or the mobile App), rather than the PVR itself. You cannot find "zombie" (0-recorded, 0-scheduled) recordings there though.
7. For searches, I typically do the same (AnyPlace/App) because it's a lot faster, especially for a touch-typist like me. I try to use AnyPlace when the internet/Rogers is less busy, avoiding lunchtime and prime time whenever possible.
8. Some people have reported that they cannot see the bottom of the second row of tiles in their list. This may happen for any TV that is not set for 0% overscan. Most TVs default to 16:9 mode, which has about 2% overscan, meaning that you don’t see about 2% of the picture. This is done because many broadcasters don’t properly center their images and you may end up seeing very thin black bars or small white or coloured lines around the edge of the image. If your TV allows for it, invoke the 0% overscan mode by cycling through your TV’s stretch modes, or by checking for it in the user setup menus. Rogers should have placed these tiles in the “safe zone”, so that they can be seen by those using the 16:9 (2% overscan) mode.
Hope this helps some people.
Rogers should lhire you to update the FAQ and other Navigatr aids.
Some of the info there is incorrect, last updated months ago and about the July 28 version.
Maybe Rogers should just fix the many problems before continuing to roll this out to more victims. Doesn't make sense that every customer should have to log in to community forums to find out how to work around the worst of the inadequacies.
I agree, I would say the lists that 57 posts are very informative and constructive.
Just got the new navigator and at first the guide is appealing. The look of the recording is app like and not convenient at all. You see those huge icons that you have to go one by one. As far as the functionality of the guide, wow we are going backward in time. How come in the filter to see your recordings you only have the option of 1) recent or alphabetically and 2) view scheduled recording or all recordings? Shouldn't you have the options to see only see your recordings as an option? Why mixed them all together? Scrolling up and down no longer works amongst other options.
I like the old one much better as it was a lot more user friendly and the functionality worked good. Please bring back the old one. Maybe more testing should of been done before deploying this new Navigator because a lot of the complaints with the navigator in 2015 are still here in 2016.
Just got the new navigator and at first glance the guide is appealing. The look of the recording is app like tiles and not convenient at all. You see those huge tiles that you have to go one by one. As far as the functionality of the guide, wow we are going backward in time. How come in the filter in order to see your recordings you only have the option of 1) recent or alphabetically and 2) view scheduled recording or all recordings? Shouldn't you be able to see only see your recordings as an option? Why mixed them all together? Scrolling up and down no longer works amongst other options.
I like the old one much better as it was a lot more user friendly and the functionality worked good. Please bring back the old one as it was not broken. Maybe more testing should of been done before deploying this new Navigator because a lot of the complaints with the navigator in 2015 are still here in 2016.
I've looked through your Navigatr FAQ and also the help forums. Did you happen to consult the forums to find the ACTUAL list of FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (hint: that is what FAQ is short for).
1. How do you turn on Closed Captioning? That's a big question now with the new guide. I managed to find the convoluted method you have implemented. By they way, it's even more convoluted if you're watching a recorded program. Here's the scenario:
I'm watching a show and I couldn't understand what someone just said. I have to:
2. How can I get the list back to just text instead of the picture tiles? I don't mind that you added that feature. I'm sure there may be some people out there that like it, but WHY, oh WHY did you remove a perfectly functional feature?
3. How can I see JUST my recorded shows. You had two options before that were very simple: hit list to see the recorded shows and hit list again to see the scheduled recordings. Simple! Now you have two options: hit list to see a bunch of tiles that you have to open to see the list of recorded and scheduled shows, or go through the menu system to set the list up to only show the scheduled recordings? Why not have a 3rd option. ONLY SHOW RECORDED SHOWS!!!
4. If you absolutely MUST use the picture tiles in the list, display the show name below the tile.
5. How do you get rid of the channel/show name/time display at the top of the screen when fast forwarding. Hint: We already know what we're watching. It makes it nearly impossible to fast foward through a hockey game to when the score changes... BECAUSE YOU CAN"T SEE IT BECAUSE IT'S HIDDEN
6. After fast forwarding a show and pressing play, remove the screen display immediately. The 7 seconds or so it takes for it to clear is way too long.
7. Did you get any REAL users to provide feedback during the design / testing phase or did you just get the marketing department that came up with the crazy "enhancements" to provide the feedback?
I hope you are listening, Rogers.
Again, in order for you to answer FAQs, you have to do a bit of research to see what the Frequently Asked Questions are.
I'm posting this as a separate thread and let the Rogers minions move it to where they feel it is appropriate. Not sure which of the Navigator chains this is best in and really don't want to reply to someone else's question with a new question.
Pre-"new" navigator we could look at a list of shows (all different) to see which ones were overlapping. Useful on my NB 2 - less of a need on the NB 3.
With the new Navigator putting both under the program/show itself how does it show you what other programs the latest one conflicts with?