UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Hmmmmm

Power outage. Could it be your TV.  What kind is it ? 

E.g a projection TV or an older CRT style might take a few minutes to  'warm up'

I've Been Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January2016

In the previous version, you could click the "List" button on your remote to view your scheduled recordings. With this update, you now have to click "List", then "C" to sort, then navigate down to change what to see (recordings vs. scheduled), then save the sort. To view your recorded shows, you have to repeat those steps. This isn't an improvement, it's made it exponentially more difficult to navigate.

I've Been Around

I was wondering if the new guide has the play all option for the pvr. I can't find it.

Thanks

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Change size of new Navigator Screen

On our one TV the bottom row of information is below the screen level (the New, date information on the bottom tiles). The screen is already at maximum resolution and I have no issues with any broadcasts or movies I watch so I don't want to change this.

I'm assuming there is no way to adjust the display size.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Easy deletion unused scheduled recordings for defunct series

We have a lot of really old scheduled programs (a lot of old shows that no longer broadcast). The didn't show up in the old guide so we forgot about them. I came across them recently before the navigator upgrade with a function looking at programming of series (I forgot how exactly how I found it). I had started to get rid of them on the one NextBox but didn't complete it as it was so tedious.

With the "design" of the new navigator these all show up as separate tiles at the bottom of the list (why scheduled and recorded programs have to be on the same list I'll never understand) so I want to get rid of them - there are multiple rows of them. 

Is there anyway to get rid of them other than one by one deletion? I was wondering if the web interface would support this.

I'm an Advisor

Hello @DragonsOfWine, Is this problem occurring on a standard definition (SD) or high definition (HD) TV?

I'm an Advisor

Hello @DragonsOfWine,

Unlike the old interface there is no way to delete all of the old, scheduled recording triggers in a batch -- you must delete them one a time. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@Quiet-Rose wrote:

Upgrade to the new NextBox Navigatr took place over night and everything is working well. Took about 4 minutes to get used to all the different ways to navigate. I'm one of those geeks so don't have any problems with the upgrade. Robot Happy

Most Rogers customers aren't geeks.  Most geeks figured out some time ago how to get their TV elsewhere.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I get the same thing - multiple slides for a program I haven't even scheduled.  If I try to delete any, it just creates a new copy.  I did find that if I rebooted a bunch went away.  But a few stayed anyway.  And they reproduce all by themselves.  I've twice asked about this; no one can give me an answer.

I Plan to Stick Around

@57

Regarding the blank "Settings" screen I'm getting, I understand that you are suggesting that I press "Menu" instead of "Settings".  It's not that I don't see "Settings" as an option to select, I do.  It's when I select "Settings" the screen that I get shows "ROGERS Navigatr. Settings" in the top left hand corner and the rest of the screen is blank.  There are no settings displayed for me to change.

So I still don't have a solution.  I have rebooted a few times with no luck.  

(And pressing the Settings button brings up the same screen as Menu->settings and is similarly blank.)