UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

After getting the new and improved (not) Navigatr and finding many of the bugs and frustrations others have talked about, I called Rogers.  While many of the issues are lack of ease of use and functionality from the past incarnation, one bug I was experiencing is my settings screen is blank so I'm unable to make any changes there.  That had me calling tech support that asked me to reboot my box (again) and of course that didn't fix anything.  It was suggested that my box was faulty and to exchange it for a different one.  I refused as that meant I'd lose all of my recordings.  So a ticket was opened that I'm sure is a duplicate of a bunch of other tickets that contain the same complaint, but I digress.

I asked to speak to a manager.  I was fed up with the stock answer when a reboot doesn't fix a problem, that the box is broken so take it in and exchange it.  I'm also fed up with Rogers subjecting us to this  despite the obvious dissatisfaction with the Navigatr.  I spoke to someone from "Rogers Management Office".  He was a sympathetic ear, but said all he could do was pass along my concerns.

I asked things along the lines of: 

1) Does Rogers read its own forums?  And pointed out there is an article in this thread that lists over 40 concerns.    Why doesn't someone from Rogers address these?  Acknowledge that they exist and what they are doing about them.

2) Why does Rogers continue to push out this product when so many people are unhappy with the loss of use and functionality?

3) Why doesn't Rogers let its customers revert back to the old Navigator while they iron the bugs out?

4) Why doesn't Rogers consult with interested customers to determine where to put their development efforts:  what to fix and what changes would be good.

He did say that they were aware of some issues and they are "working on them", but I pointed out the lack of feedback from Rogers on forums such as these has the appearance that Rogers doesn't care about its customers.  I'm told I can post something on Rogers.com that will go to the Office of the President and that I'll get a call back within 48 hours.  I plan to say all of these things there.

I encourange readers that are a frustrated as I am to do likewise:  talk to someone in Rogers Management Office (you have to call customer service, speak to a tech support person and ask to speak to someone there) and write a note to the Office of the President via Rogers.com.

I'm still optimistic that Rogers might so the right thing.  Though by the time they do, I may not still be a Rogers customer.  I can't take too much more of this torture!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@headhoncho wrote:

I want it the way it was yesterday before the update - with "guide" showing all subscribed channels, and "fav" showing my favourite channels

Don't press the FAV button at all if you wish to avoid problems with the current version of Navigatr.  Just like on RTN, press "Guide" once to get all channels.  While in the guide press "Guide" again to get your favourites, if you press "Guide" again, it'll go back to all chanels, etc. That should preclude any issues with your favourites.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

8642 download loop - Resolved.

I moved the box to where my NB 3.0 has successfully updated and after 1/2 hour is successfully loaded.

Moral of the story.....try a know good signal outlet.  I didnt expect this solution to work but it surprised me.

Thanks to all who replied.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Upgrade to the new NextBox Navigatr took place over night and everything is working well. Took about 4 minutes to get used to all the different ways to navigate. I'm one of those geeks so don't have any problems with the upgrade. Robot Happy

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Well we got Navigatr here in Waterloo Region today.   Rogers Darrell post didn't mention Waterloo Region, just Ottawa and London, what's up with that?    Anyway, my question is :  Is the Navigatr just for PVR'S?, cause my Nextbox 4642 did not receive it.

Thank you.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

How do I get a lising of programs I've scheduled

How do you get a list of the shows you have flagged for recording. For example, after I've selected the channel, show and time then chose a single or series recording to the PVR, I want to be able to press List once (or twice - whatever is required) and visually determine that the recordings I want are IN FACT scheduled.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm in London and we just got the Navigatr update today.

One issue that we have and I haven't seen any discussion on is on the limited sorting abilities on the PVR esoecially when you have multiple PVRs hooked up together. The old PVR guide would let us sort by PVR (we have 4) and now we can't. It doesn't even indicate which PVR a show is recorded on.

I really don't see what features the new Navigatr guide has added that weren't there before and in fact it has removed features that I found very useful such as the sorting by PVR feature.

Please bring back all of the features of the old guide, I don't care if you dress them up differently or if you add new ones but for those of us who use more than one PVR you have made things more difficult!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Same for me but I just rebooted my 4642 and he got the update so try that .
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

This is the worst "upgrade" ever . Why the huge tiles for recorded shows? And where are my scheduled recordings ROGERS you messed this up big time. PLEASE GIVE ANYONE WHO ASKS TO REVERT TO OLD SYSTEM. I'm looking into Fibe !

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

User guide is a total fail. Should have implemented a toggle for Tile/List modes. 

Baffles me how Rogers can spend $7billion for the NHL licenses but they can't spend $5k for a decent UI designer.

Rogers-Navigatr.jpg