UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Well I just got the new download yesterday.  I have some of the same problems, with shows that were programed with no schedule listed.  So I have had to delete and reset them up.

My biggest issue is the font.  Who would create a pop up in a small grey front on a white background?  I can't read it.  Have to walk up to the TV to see what the heck it is asking for.   I hope this changes, as its a pain to keep getting up and down to read.

Just my 2 cents.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

service rep at my house now, claims he never saw the errors I reported before and is forcing a new box on me :-(. Now he is complaining that the new box is exeriencing the same problems that @billmcintyre reported. We watched it together. boot, boot, boot, boot etc etc for over 15 min. Then finally Cd00 for another 10. It seems to be moving now, but tech said he replaced another 20 minutes ago without the same issues.

Sad state when a company has both its customers AND its employees complaining about it's techinolgy choices. But I guess someone higher up will get a fat bonus for some twisted reason regardless :-(

I'm a Senior Advisor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

@Lurker wrote:

"7 Why is it showing shows that I deleted months ago from the to be recorded list"

SARA and RTN worked this way as well.  If you have a series set to record, and that series ends, you have to manually delete the series recording.

And if you don't delete the scheduled series recording, you'll automatically get new episodes recorded when a new season starts, or it comes back from hiatus.

Yes....its actually a very useful feature.

I Plan to Stick Around

Rolled out to me two days ago. The font size and table cells on the guide a HUGE! Lots of wasted real estate. Is this because people complained about the type being too small in the initial roll out?  The only real complaint I have is with the Recorded shows list. While it looks a lot prettier, it's not very user friendly.  No option to delete multiple recordings at once.  I have a lot of episodes of certain shows, and when I'm thing to free up space, it takes forever to delete them one at a time.

I'm Here A Lot

I’m a UI designer, the fact Rogers moved Scheduled Recordings, a 1st level feature down to a 3rd level menu-toggle is appalling! What use to be 2 clicks of 1 button is now replaced by 7 clicks and 2 buttons. How is that better?!! The thumbnail-view-only grid is terrible, bring the list-view back as an option. And how come I can’t hit up and go to the bottom of my list anymore. Whosever designed this UI should be fired. I really want to leave Rogers now.

I Plan to Stick Around

I haven't seen the Rogers Home Phone notifications lately. Has anyone else noticed this feature disappear with one of the more recent incarnations of Navigatr or did my Nextbox 3 get hungry and eat this along with a bunch of recordings a few weeks back?

TIA

I Plan to Stick Around

I have a rather simple question.  What is one to do if they have contacted Rogers on numerous occasions with the same issues related to the recent implementation and no resolution is offered or provided?  What recourse would someone have if it appears that all attempts towards resolution have appeared to been exhausted?  Can anyone, including Rogers moderators, offer any suggestion, direction or help?  I am at a loss as to how prior to Mid December everything was humming along wonderfully, and now post implementation of navigatr my box is essentially rendered dysfunctional and no one can offer any answers or solutions?  This just is not right.

I Plan to Stick Around

@ADM12

You have raised an excellent question; one to which every single poster on here would probably like an answer to!

I've Been Around

Very disappointed with the new Navigatr guide that was pushed out to our Nextbox PVR. Navigating through the boxes is brutally slow. I hate to say it but I really miss the old lists. 

In in the old views, one was able to easily see in a single view if there were scheduled recording conflicts in a specific timeslot. I have no idea how to do this now in the Navigatr, or if it's even possible. Does anyone know?

Andrey

I Plan to Stick Around

@teragram

Cancel your Rogers services, that might get their attention.

Don't hold your breath though, as their answer might just be to lay off more people to improve the balance sheet.

---

On another note...not being able to see the length of an individual recording is a pita. Looking for a movie that fits the time I have involves having to actually start each movie to see how long it is.

Also, sometimes I record a single episode of a show just to see if I would like it. If I do, I want to set it up to record the series. However, neither the time nor the channel is stored with a single recording, so now I have to use the useless search function to see where the show might be.

Finally, what does NEW actually mean? NEW appears in a number of places, on the pic and twice on the recorded program page. One of the last two disappears once the program was partially watched. None of the NEWs mean that the episode was NEW! Something the RTN version showed.

It would be nice if Rogers improvements did not actually mean less functionality and more bugs.

and...how dare Rogers increase its rates? It is certainly not for improved service!