UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@OLDYELLR wrote:

I was talking about the 8300 and SARA interface, not Nextbox and Navigatr.  Just as a datapoint, with the 8300 it requires 8 clicks to turn CC on or off, whether you're watching live or recorded. If Navigatr can't do better than that, it's not an improvement.

Navigatr is not a replacement for SARA directly, it's a replacement for RTN. I don't think we should unnecessarily muddy the waters of this Navigatr thread with SARA discussions since it mostly confuses people.  As stated in my earlier posts, to enable CC with Navigatr from live TV takes 6 clicks (if you judiciously utilize the up arrow) or 11 clicks if you utilize the down arrow. With RTN it took 4-5 clicks using the left arrow (4 clicks if the programme didn't have DV, 5 if it did).  With RTN it took 7-8 clicks utilizing the right arrow - I can't remember exactly and I don't have it any more to find out.

Regardless, CC should be much simpler to enable or disable on live TV or recordings. On TVs it used to be one click of a button labelled CC.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

"Was any user testing done on this, and if so, did anyone listen to the feedback?"

My feeling is No - and No.

Those of us who got this back in July have repeatedly complained about the things in your list and more.

For some reason Rogers seem to think that an interface that might be barely OK on a cell phone is a really good idea for a PVR. It isn't.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@57 wrote:

Regardless, CC should be much simpler to enable or disable on live TV or recordings. On TVs it used to be one click of a button labelled CC.

I've had TVs that turned on CC when pressing the Mute button. What could be simpler than that?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR wrote:

I've had TVs that turned on CC when pressing the Mute button. What could be simpler than that?

That doesn't help if you still wish to hear the dialogue or if there are others in the room that are not hearing-impaired.

Edit:  If SARA is discussed, this should be made clear in the post to preclude confusion.

I've Been Here Awhile

I can see almost everyone hates this new Navigatr. I really hope Rogers listens ( I doubt they will) . Watching the instructions to try to figure out if there is an easier way to use it and it doesn't seem to be.

1 The first video talks about recording something that is currently on. I use to click record and that was it, one step.  Now you click info ( shouldn't that give inormation about the show, that IS what info means) then have to scroll to click record this episode or record series. That is multpiple steps.  It was easier before.

2 WHY would you separate the same show by channel? Sometimes you have to record a show on a different channel/network for 1 week because it is premepted by another show. That makes it more confusing not less.

3 I really hope the downloading of the images is not taking up some of my internet data!

4 When I go to my list and click on a recording it no longer gives me all the information about the show, it gives half of it with the recorded date. the old system gave you the whole description AND the year the show was from. So if it is a repeat form 3 yrs ago I can just delete it. Now I can't see all that info. In fact the info button doesn't work at all.

5 It doesn't say the channel number. It has the name, global, or space or spk. It doesn't tell you eather you recoreded it on Global 3 or Global 118 from Calgary.

6 There is way to much on the screen it is way to busy, I want a simplified list version of my recordings. Recordings only not everything mixed together.

7 Why is it showing shows that I deleted months ago from the to be recorded list? I had to spend an hour deleting all the old schedule , partly because everytime you delete one thing it takes you back to the start and YOU CAN"T SCROLL UP !!!!  It even had one from my old pvr box something that hasn't been on tv in over a year.

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers please make TV HOME EDITION available on the PVR!

It could be an option on settings.

This simple interactive program that I can use on my CELL PHONE and my TABLET

conveys  all the information that is required for managing the PVR.

It gives dates and channel info, separate recordings and schedules etc.

It is also available on any Windows based computer.

I am sick to death of VIDEO GAME INTERFACE CALLED NAVIGATR

TME IS RUNNING OUT FOR ME ROGERS!

PLEASE START TREATING ME LIKE A LOYAL CUSTOMER!

I've Been Here Awhile

This must be a rumor regarding Rogers scrapping NAVIGATR, as this is January 29, 2016.  We just received the download yesterday and have had nothing but problems.  Not only can you not set a manual recording I have yet to be able to access the SETTINGS function/menu.  Rogers have had to put in a ticket to correct this problem.  I would like to have had some say in the matter of this horrendous format/interface.  Why not give your customers a choice of which format they want to use.  I guess Rogers has become to big to really listen to their customers?  I'm paying almost $300.00 a month with Internet, phone and channel packages.  I don't appreciate having this shoved down my throat when I'm paying this amount of money to be frustrated using this interface.  Seriously thinking about switching to Bell Fibe.  This says a lot, considering I hate Bell and have had all their cables and wiring removed from my home and property.  

I'm Here A Lot

Is Roger's ignoring the complaints re the Navigatr? The TEXT is WAY TOO SMALL for most living rooms. It's pretty arrogant of Rogers that they are ignoring what the forums are telling them. There's a lot of empty space on the television screen, and I don't accept that nothing can be done.

I made a complaint over the live chat, and I asked the moderator if Rogers paid any attention to the feedback, and suggested they read what customers were complaining about.

The answer I got shocked me. It was implied that they didn't give much consideration to the negative feedback, since people who are satisfied don't complain.

Quite an attitude - ignore unhappy customers because Rogers automatically assumes that the number of negative comments are far fewer than the number of positive comments that they don't hear about. Which is the same as saying that they don't give much thought to complaints.

Huh?

I've Been Around

The installation of navigatr wiped out my nextbox -- it continullay attempts to reboot...seems to be caught in a loop (and no, unplugging and plugging back in doesn't change things!).  Rogers now tells me that I can take my nextbox in to a Rogers store to be swapped.  But 80% of my PVR was filled with recorded shows and movies. So I now lose all these? Is there anything to be done? 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm in the same boat and have basically been ignored.  I'm told there's nothing they can do.  Yet I intend to have their tech try and disect my old box and connect the drives, since extrernal drives are possible.

I hear the regulars here laughing, but it's worth a shot.

As said before, if I loose my recordings I'll take advantage of the fresh start they offer me and jump ship.  I've been reading good things about new competitors.