UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mister_A
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Gee, this sounds awfully familiar...

@debbiech wrote:
Notes after about an hour of fiddling:
  • Tiles are generally providing a very poor user experience - counter-intuitive, clunky and obtuse.
  • List of recorded programs cannot be seen with same program in one tile (programs that were recorded individually vs those recorded as part of a series are scattered all over the place even though they have the same title)
  • Some tiles have just a white title on a black background, others have a picture but no text, or a picture with miniature text in random stylized fonts, like a mini-movie poster (how am I supposed to know what program that is, unless I click onto each tile individually to see what it is, or have a magnifying glass handy). Visually just very chaotic and unsophisticated.
  • Cannot see which programs have been partially watched unless you navigate to the tile, the inside the tile, then scroll down the list ...
  • Cannot see which channel it was recorded from unless you click all the way into the tiles, then deeper into the listings under that tile
  • Cannot see which date it was recorded on unless you click all the way into the tiles, then deeper into the listings under that tile
  • Bunch of tiles are for the scheduled recordings. Just want to see my recordings, not the scheduled stuff.  
  • When you edit a recording (delete it or change its properties) you get chucked back up to the top of your recordings list and have to navigate all the way back down again to delete/modify the next one...
  • When playing a recording, if you want to browse around your other recordings, it pauses the play on the current recording. The other system let you hear the sound at least.
  • A chance to finally re-institute Skip To End function and it didn't happen?! Boo. My Page Up button is getting a real workout.

But @debbiech, this is the wonderful, new, improved N*v*g*tr 'Bathroom Tile' interface, that's making the Rogers viewing experience better and better for Rogers' valued customers. At least you didn't have all your existing recordings and settings deleted without advanced notice, like some of us who were the beneficiaries of the first roll-out.

Regards,

Mr. A

park
I'm an Advisor

@dayzed007 wrote:

So it seems Rogers tried pushing the new navigatr onto my PVR overnight.  Instead of improving my experience it seems to have killed it altogeher 😞

This morning my PVR flashes only --:-- Er:a1 Er:a2 Er:a4 .  Any attempt to reboot it fails as it simply returns to these errors the moment it gets power again.

Called rogers: they said to swap out thePVR or wait a week for a technician who has a 50% chance of recovering it.

I'd hate to loose my many months of recordings! Does anyone have advice for me? Is there a trick to recovering it?  Can i at least save my recordings on a hard drive and move them to a new nextbox?

BTW, my other whole home receiver got the update without a problem.

Ask Roges for compensation for zapping your box. Then get it replaced.

SAN2016
I've Been Around

Good morning.  Before the pvr navigator update came into effect I could sort my recordings by date or by title.  Now it only appears to sort by title.  Is there a way to show a list of my recordings by date (not by topic) as well?

JonBoy49
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@debbiech wrote:
Notes after about an hour of fiddling

I agree with you 100% and I don't think that there is a single thing on your list that those of us infected back in July have not already complained about. Rogers ignored those requests just as they have ignored all other sensible suggestions about the "features" that you have yet to discover. They are wedded to this idiotic tile interface and show no signs of giving a darn as to customers wants and needs.

tamaya
I've Been Here Awhile

I can see almost everyone hates this new Navigatr. I really hope Rogers listens ( I doubt they will) . Watching the instructions to try to figure out if there is an easier way to use it and it doesn't seem to be.

1 The first video talks about recording something that is currently on. I use to click record and that was it, one step.  Now you click info ( shouldn't that give inormation about the show, that IS what info means) then have to scroll to click record this episode or record series. That is multpiple steps.  It was easier before.

2 WHY would you separate the same show by channel? Sometimes you have to record a show on a different channel/network for 1 week because it is premepted by another show. That makes it more confusing not less.

3 I really hope the downloading of the images is not taking up some of my internet data!

4 When I go to my list and click on a recording it no longer gives me all the information about the show, it gives half of it with the recorded date. the old system gave you the whole description AND the year the show was from. So if it is a repeat form 3 yrs ago I can just delete it. Now I can't see all that info. In fact the info button doesn't work at all.

5 It doesn't say the channel number. It has the name, global, or space or spk. It doesn't tell you eather you recoreded it on Global 3 or Global 118 from Calgary.

6 There is way to much on the screen it is way to busy, I want a simplified list version of my recordings. Recordings only not everything mixed together.

7 Why is it showing shows that I deleted months ago from the to be recorded list? I had to spend an hour deleting all the old schedule , partly because everytime you delete one thing it takes you back to the start and YOU CAN"T SCROLL UP !!!!  It even had one from my old pvr box something that hasn't been on tv in over a year.

msk522
I've Been Here Awhile

This must be a rumor regarding Rogers scrapping NAVIGATR, as this is January 29, 2016.  We just received the download yesterday and have had nothing but problems.  Not only can you not set a manual recording I have yet to be able to access the SETTINGS function/menu.  Rogers have had to put in a ticket to correct this problem.  I would like to have had some say in the matter of this horrendous format/interface.  Why not give your customers a choice of which format they want to use.  I guess Rogers has become to big to really listen to their customers?  I'm paying almost $300.00 a month with Internet, phone and channel packages.  I don't appreciate having this shoved down my throat when I'm paying this amount of money to be frustrated using this interface.  Seriously thinking about switching to Bell Fibe.  This says a lot, considering I hate Bell and have had all their cables and wiring removed from my home and property.  

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@tamaya wrote:

I can see almost everyone hates this new Navigatr. I really hope Rogers listens ( I doubt they will) . Watching the instructions to try to figure out if there is an easier way to use it and it doesn't seem to be.

1 The first video talks about recording something that is currently on. I use to click record and that was it, one step.  Now you click info ( shouldn't that give inormation about the show, that IS what info means) then have to scroll to click record this episode or record series. That is multpiple steps.  It was easier before.

2 WHY would you separate the same show by channel? Sometimes you have to record a show on a different channel/network for 1 week because it is premepted by another show. That makes it more confusing not less.

3 I really hope the downloading of the images is not taking up some of my internet data!

4 When I go to my list and click on a recording it no longer gives me all the information about the show, it gives half of it with the recorded date. the old system gave you the whole description AND the year the show was from. So if it is a repeat form 3 yrs ago I can just delete it. Now I can't see all that info. In fact the info button doesn't work at all.

5 It doesn't say the channel number. It has the name, global, or space or spk. It doesn't tell you eather you recoreded it on Global 3 or Global 118 from Calgary.

6 There is way to much on the screen it is way to busy, I want a simplified list version of my recordings. Recordings only not everything mixed together.

7 Why is it showing shows that I deleted months ago from the to be recorded list? I had to spend an hour deleting all the old schedule , partly because everytime you delete one thing it takes you back to the start and YOU CAN"T SCROLL UP !!!!  It even had one from my old pvr box something that hasn't been on tv in over a year.

The box is not connected to the internet at all, it does not use up any internet usage.

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

"7 Why is it showing shows that I deleted months ago from the to be recorded list"

SARA and RTN worked this way as well.  If you have a series set to record, and that series ends, you have to manually delete the series recording.

CraigC
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers, you've screwed up big time.  The managers who recommended this software upgrade without extensive testing and some kind of user feedback before full launch, should be shown the door.  Managers like that can bury a company with such irresponsible errors.  I am in management and I know if I was responsible for this travesty that I would be looking for a new job.  And rightfully so.  

Get rid of those managers responsible and also ditch this software and revert back to the old one.   Trying to fix and Edsel will still leave you with an Edsel

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Lurker wrote:

"7 Why is it showing shows that I deleted months ago from the to be recorded list"

SARA and RTN worked this way as well.  If you have a series set to record, and that series ends, you have to manually delete the series recording.

And if you don't delete the scheduled series recording, you'll automatically get new episodes recorded when a new season starts, or it comes back from hiatus.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario