UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

I actually like the new Guide, very refreshing and no bugs for me. 

One suggestion, Rogers should use the channel logos in place of the number and name on the side. Would look much better!

I've Been Around

I'm in North York as well, my NextBox 3.0 started displaying Cd00 today so perhaps that means an update is on the way. 

It has been saying Cd00 for at least 6 hours now so I decided to reboot the box (from the troubleshoot menu) but after a reboot still running the old software and display still says Cd00.

Anybody else experienced this Cd00 message?  Any idea what it means?

I've Been Here Awhile

How to display programs as a list rather than tiles

I would like to see my recorded programs separate from my scheduled programs, in a list format rather than these huge tiles. Possible?

Also, any way to see just the recorded programs and not the recorded and scheduled programs together. Not interested in seeing them together, and the only category you can view independently is the scheduled programs.

I've Been Around

List of my recorded shows that are in a SERIES by name of show?

Jan 28-2016 - We need help. Just turned TV on today and saw this new Navigatr from Rogers.  Do not like it.

Main problem is we cannot see a list of our recorded shows (total of 392) since Feb 2015 that are in a SERIES. Old system showed folders that contained a list of recorded shows for each individual show.  Can someone help us. How do we see a list of all recordings we made for a particular show.  If this feature is not available, will Rogers please do something about it and get FOLDERS set up like the old system - where it shows you the date of the show recorded, the length of time of the recording, etc. Everything on this new Navigatr shows all recordings scrambled all over the place and you have to scroll down the list to find each separate recording.

GET FOLDERS BACK TO SHOW A SERIES OF RECORDINGS YOU MADE FOR EACH SHOW (i.e. The Mentalist)

Looking forward to any feedback on what we need to do - as we cannot find anything about this.  Or for Rogers to make this feature available.

thanks.

I'm Here A Lot

Awful recording menu in Navigatr

My NextBox 3.0 got upgraded to Navigatr and my nightmare came true!
Recording list Menu is terrible as expected!

1- There is no page up/down. I have to press down key a hundred times in a folder to get to the bottom of my recording list (110 recordings for a show)!

2- There is no filter option to just show my recorded shows, without tones of scheduled recordings!
Seriously?

3- No small size list! Just huge tiles, instead of folders! lots of groups... sigh

Years of being your customer, and now it is really painful to see you don’t even let us opt-out of Navigatr…
Maybe Bell is the solution now.

I'm Here A Lot

Totally agree with you debbiech  that recording menu is awful. They should separate scheduled recording from recorded programs

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Recorded shows AND upcoming recordings on Navigatr.

I don't have much of a problem with the new Navigatr... seems much faster to me. 

Is there any work around so I can JUST see what I have recorded? I really don't care to have my future recordings bunched in with the currently recorded shows. Kind of like when you could hit the green LIST button and see current recorded shows and hit LIST again and see upcoming recordings.

Thanks,

I've Been Here Awhile

Notes after about an hour of fiddling:
  • Tiles are generally providing a very poor user experience - counter-intuitive, clunky and obtuse.
  • List of recorded programs cannot be seen with same program in one tile (programs that were recorded individually vs those recorded as part of a series are scattered all over the place even though they have the same title)
  • Some tiles have just a white title on a black background, others have a picture but no text, or a picture with miniature text in random stylized fonts, like a mini-movie poster (how am I supposed to know what program that is, unless I click onto each tile individually to see what it is, or have a magnifying glass handy). Visually just very chaotic and unsophisticated.
  • Cannot see which programs have been partially watched unless you navigate to the tile, the inside the tile, then scroll down the list and watch carefully each of the selections you pass to see if any of them have a resume button/progress bar on the bottom. That's how you know. I used to be able to know this immediately upon clicking list and scrolling down all my recorded programs. (Little partially or fully watched icon next to title)
  • Cannot see which channel it was recorded from unless you click all the way into the tiles, then deeper into the listings under that tile
  • Cannot see which date it was recorded on unless you click all the way into the tiles, then deeper into the listings under that tile
  • Bunch of tiles are for the scheduled recordings. Just want to see my recordings, not the scheduled stuff.  
  • When you edit a recording (delete it or change its properties) you get chucked back up to the top of your recordings list and have to navigate all the way back down again to delete/modify the next one, or even the same one again if you exited by mistake and need to get back in. When you exit, it should exit you to at the same point where you clicked into the tile. 
  • When playing a recording, if you want to browse around your other recordings, it pauses the play on the current recording. The other system let you hear the sound at least.
  • A chance to finally re-institute Skip To End function and it didn't happen?! Boo. My Page Up button is getting a real workout.
I Plan to Stick Around

Gee, this sounds awfully familiar...

@debbiech wrote:
Notes after about an hour of fiddling:
  • Tiles are generally providing a very poor user experience - counter-intuitive, clunky and obtuse.
  • List of recorded programs cannot be seen with same program in one tile (programs that were recorded individually vs those recorded as part of a series are scattered all over the place even though they have the same title)
  • Some tiles have just a white title on a black background, others have a picture but no text, or a picture with miniature text in random stylized fonts, like a mini-movie poster (how am I supposed to know what program that is, unless I click onto each tile individually to see what it is, or have a magnifying glass handy). Visually just very chaotic and unsophisticated.
  • Cannot see which programs have been partially watched unless you navigate to the tile, the inside the tile, then scroll down the list ...
  • Cannot see which channel it was recorded from unless you click all the way into the tiles, then deeper into the listings under that tile
  • Cannot see which date it was recorded on unless you click all the way into the tiles, then deeper into the listings under that tile
  • Bunch of tiles are for the scheduled recordings. Just want to see my recordings, not the scheduled stuff.  
  • When you edit a recording (delete it or change its properties) you get chucked back up to the top of your recordings list and have to navigate all the way back down again to delete/modify the next one...
  • When playing a recording, if you want to browse around your other recordings, it pauses the play on the current recording. The other system let you hear the sound at least.
  • A chance to finally re-institute Skip To End function and it didn't happen?! Boo. My Page Up button is getting a real workout.

But @debbiech, this is the wonderful, new, improved N*v*g*tr 'Bathroom Tile' interface, that's making the Rogers viewing experience better and better for Rogers' valued customers. At least you didn't have all your existing recordings and settings deleted without advanced notice, like some of us who were the beneficiaries of the first roll-out.

Regards,

Mr. A

I'm an Advisor

@dayzed007 wrote:

So it seems Rogers tried pushing the new navigatr onto my PVR overnight.  Instead of improving my experience it seems to have killed it altogeher 😞

This morning my PVR flashes only --:-- Er:a1 Er:a2 Er:a4 .  Any attempt to reboot it fails as it simply returns to these errors the moment it gets power again.

Called rogers: they said to swap out thePVR or wait a week for a technician who has a 50% chance of recovering it.

I'd hate to loose my many months of recordings! Does anyone have advice for me? Is there a trick to recovering it?  Can i at least save my recordings on a hard drive and move them to a new nextbox?

BTW, my other whole home receiver got the update without a problem.

Ask Roges for compensation for zapping your box. Then get it replaced.