UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

I live in Ottawa and was left a voicemail yesterday (Jan 27th) saying I would be receiving the new guide soon.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just received the email that I'm going to be upgraded.  I watched the FAQ videos and am NOT impressed that they changed the views from a nice easy to view LIST of shows to these huge icons with the name of  the show below the big blank grey icon.  So recordings can only be viewed by these huge icons and can't switch between date/title and searching a title used to show a nice, easy to read view on the right is now these huge grey icons on the bottom so you have to scroll through so much when it used to give you a simple list.

How designed this???

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@luvsql There's only one answer, like for many unpleasant things we havd to accept these days. "Because it's 2016".

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just got the email here in markham.

"Over the coming weeks, we’ll be launching the new NavigatrTM guide for your NextBoxTM.

This upgrade will come to your NextBox automatically over the next few weeks."

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Is there a way to avoid the Nav guide update? everything about it sounds aweful people are having thier drives wiped and even if it doesn't wipe out what you have the way the pvr functions both in how to set up recordings as well as how to access programs you've already recorded is horrible and much less convienent then the current version. This is another of Rogers HUGE mistakes forcing unwanted updates on customers, it's no wonder so many people are excited about Bell fibe

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Upgrade? Okay, if this is truly an improved experience, can someone at Rogers or one of the Moderators tell me how to enable Closed Captioning while watching a recorded program with the latest version of Navigatr?

In the pre-Navigatr version I would press the Info button, left arrow twice to highlight the CC option, then press enter to toggle it on or off. IOW, it took 4 clicks to enable or disable Closed Captioning. 

How does someone accomplish this with Navigatr 2.0?

Thank you.

Brett

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So it seems Rogers tried pushing the new navigatr onto my PVR overnight.  Instead of improving my experience it seems to have killed it altogeher 😞

This morning my PVR flashes only --:-- Er:a1 Er:a2 Er:a4 .  Any attempt to reboot it fails as it simply returns to these errors the moment it gets power again.

Called rogers: they said to swap out thePVR or wait a week for a technician who has a 50% chance of recovering it.

I'd hate to loose my many months of recordings! Does anyone have advice for me? Is there a trick to recovering it?  Can i at least save my recordings on a hard drive and move them to a new nextbox?

BTW, my other whole home receiver got the update without a problem.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

its either one of two things...  

A) it FAILED somehow on the update.. which has bricked the box.  Unfortunately that means that there usually is not any way to get the recordings 😞

B) Its just failing to GET the update.
It could be a signal issue to that specific box.. that its not getting the update/download properly.
Which generally then yes you would need a tech out, to check the signal, etc to that box.

An interim thing.. unplug your box that updated properly.. and move the other box to there.. see if it CAN pull the update?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Brt wrote:

Upgrade? Okay, if this is truly an improved experience, can someone at Rogers or one of the Moderators tell me how to enable Closed Captioning while watching a recorded program with the latest version of Navigatr?

I'm not a Rogers employee or a mod here, but here's your answer, which you won't like.  You currently cannot. See the following link posted earlier in this thread on how to enable CC.  You currently need to do it while watching live TV.  This needs to be fixed and you need to complain to Rogers and the CRTC as CC is mandated to work properly:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

So, if you're watching a live programme, instead of taking 4-5 button presses to enable CC on RTN (info < < Enter), it now takes 11 button presses.  If you're watching a recording, you need to exit the recording, enable CC with the 11 button presses and then find your recording again. This could take 20+ button presses depending on where your recording is in the list of recordings.  Un-be-lievable!  Yeah Rogers, this interface is a lot faster - NOT!

PS. I now have the Navigatr!

Edit - After doing more research now that I have Navigatr and following my instructions on moving north (up) instead of south (down), it's possible to enable CC in 6 clicks from a live programme.  Hit Info, up arrow, select, up, up, select.  Hope that helps.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

From my understanding, you need to turn it ON live TV.. then go into a recorded program.. and then it should play.