UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonBoy49
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@molly222 wrote:

2)  the disappearance of pre-existing pictures on PVR recorded tiles?

I have had this issue since the "update" a week or so ago - so for me it is not new. One day the pictures are there - the next day "poof" they are gone. I have also noticed that the text that appears when you select a picture tile often has a truncated version of the show title to the extent that you have to select it to be able to be sure what it is you are selecting.

YtanyaY
I'm a Senior Contributor

@molly222 wrote:

New Issues:  After Rogers doing numerous automatic downloads to my Navigatr yesterday and last night...and I really appreciated the ones during prime time last night that truncated the end and beginning of 4 recorded shows as well as the regular 2 a.m. update that truncated the same shows I tried to re-record on time shifted channels, I now have lost half the pretty pictures on my tiles...the pretty pictures (the ones that are suppose to make this disaster appease us) were there before, now they're gone.

Did anyone else experience overnight:

1)  numerous Rogers downloads between 4 p.m. and 4 a.m.?

2)  the disappearance of pre-existing pictures on PVR recorded tiles?

1) No I did not receive <bothersome> updates - I have set it to comp./ant (NOT HDMI) FWIW

It seems like the sleep / coma / shut off occurs closer to every 4 hours.

Re: Downloading: I do tend to pull the plug when I am pretty sure the library of congress X 100 could have been downnloaded in that time period (15 minutes +) maybe that helps.

Look at the bright side: I got my roger's increased rate letter yesterday! (to ENSURE I CONTINUE RECEIVING SUCH GOOD (OUTSTANDING(?) SERVICE - something lke that) - and with the MONEY I SAVE with power-saving, I can <easily> afford it! -- It all works out - you see?

Smiley Frustrated

2) Do you mean only the images or the recording?

If just the picture - they are never consistent: I don't care about that - they're bound to show up again and block any information (like the title).

JMO

DoneInDurham
I Plan to Stick Around

Have not noticed any daytime/primetime uploads/upgrades here but have also noticed the pictures disappearing from the recorded tiles.  One time they're there, next time they're not on the same boxes, new ones appear, ones that used to have pictures are gone.  I'm feeling lucky because I have now had 3 days of the box actually working correctly, no "unresponsive" box issue, turns on in the morning using the remote and any other time during the day we turn the TV on.  After 1 phone call last Friday to Rogers, 2 emails, Sunday and Monday, where Monday I asked for a credit for the week I have had this terrible service, I got a phone call Tuesday morning (even though I asked to be contacted in the afternoon), which my husband answered and the woman said she would call back Wednesday morning or afternoon.  I waited in all day and surprise (or maybe not!) no one called back.  This morning I was out and 15 minutes before I got home, Rogers called and left a message on our answering machine, "if you're still having problems, call our 1-800 Rogers number and place a service call".  Still waiting to hear about a credit!

YtanyaY
I'm a Senior Contributor

@DoneInDurham wrote:

Have not noticed any daytime/primetime uploads/upgrades here but have also noticed the pictures disappearing from the recorded tiles.  One time they're there, next time they're not on the same boxes, new ones appear, ones that used to have pictures are gone.  [ ... ] Still waiting to hear about a credit!

OBSERVATION:

The really old recordings no longer have images. The more recent have images.

Try RE-ARRANGING them using the INCREDIBLY VAST & COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF THE MANY POSSIBILITIES: Most recent, and by title!

(Mind you, you will lose even more informative BOXES on the page with that window open)

And don't forget to save your arrangement (mine default to whatever I did not choose - but of course I could be losing track of the <many> possible sorting methods!)

And Best of luck on the credit!

Sorry - but, fed up and even a price increase!

Thank you!

Smiley Wink

Saildude28
I'm Here A Lot

It seems everyday I have a new issue...shows don't record, playback fails, slow response to remote commands, frustration does not even cut it...call Rogers (I have called so many times over the past year!)...Bell wants a fortune to switch back ... looking at VMedia...cant be any worse...I am truly Disappointed in Rogers...

billmcintyre
I'm a Trusted Contributor

OMG @Saildude28 Don't even THINK about switching to Vmedia without reading these reviews (and the don't miss the "14 other reviews that are not currently recommended" at the bottom of the page):

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/vmedia-north-york

ot_man
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi everyone.

While this is not as impacting as some of the other issues people have brought up, has anyone else noticed this problem.....

I set my default record settings to end the recording 5 minutes after a show supposedly finishes, in case the show happens to go long.

I find since the latest Navigatr download, it sometimes doesn't respect the 5 minute default.  

Even more weird, lets say I am in the new guide and I see two shows that I want to record. I will use the one push record button to make it easier on myself.  The first requested recording does not respect the default extra 5 minute setting but the second requested recording does know it needs to go 5 minutes longer.

Maybe someone can confirm its not just me?

Thanks.

unun4848
I Plan to Stick Around

After reading many complaints on the Internet, it seems that a blank Settings screen is a common problem after receiving Navigatr, but a call to Rogers will inform the customer that the problem is unique to them. I have reported my problem to them numerous times during the last three weeks and each ticket gets closed without the problem being resolved. I own my NB 2.0 and have not been offered any compensation for the damage done by Navigatr. One agent said I could take the box back to the store and exchange it for a new one, but when I went to the store they refused to do this. Is it even legal to not compensate equipment owners if these software problems aren't fixed?

molly222
I Plan to Stick Around

ot_man wrote:

""While this is not as impacting as some of the other issues people have brought up, has anyone else noticed this      problem.....

I set my default record settings to end the recording 5 minutes after a show supposedly finishes, in case the show  happens to go long.

I find since the latest Navigatr download, it sometimes doesn't respect the 5 minute default.  

Even more weird, lets say I am in the new guide and I see two shows that I want to record. I will use the one push record  button to make it easier on myself.  The first requested recording does not respect the default extra 5 minute setting but  the second requested recording does know it needs to go 5 minutes longer.

Maybe someone can confirm its not just me?"

Hi ot_man;

Yes, mine does something similar. It only remembers my default record settings when I am in the "list" tile area. When I record straight from the guide it uses Rogers default record settings not mine. But mine always does this from the guide...i.e. not just sometimes. Another step backwards from the previous Navigatr.

molly222
I Plan to Stick Around

@unun4848 wrote:

After reading many complaints on the Internet, it seems that a blank Settings screen is a common problem after receiving Navigatr, but a call to Rogers will inform the customer that the problem is unique to them. I have reported my problem to them numerous times during the last three weeks and each ticket gets closed without the problem being resolved. I own my NB 2.0 and have not been offered any compensation for the damage done by Navigatr. One agent said I could take the box back to the store and exchange it for a new one, but when I went to the store they refused to do this. Is it even legal to not compensate equipment owners if these software problems aren't fixed?

You're right...although I don't have the blank settings screen problem, I know numerous people that do and unfortunately the tech's standard response lately to navigatr issues is "you're the only one".

Good question also about compensating equipment owners.  I own mine too and at this point I don't think we could give them away.  Been waiting since July 28 for an answer to that question.