UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@ozham wrote:

Just starting our second reboot of the day!

I hope this posting does not get removed!

I'm glad they are finally showing more information on the tiles, however it is disappointing that they couldn't manage to fit two complete rows on the screen. As it stands I can only see 80% of the second row which ends up cutting off about 60% of the text on the bottom row of tiles where it's attempting to show how many new episodes there are, or when the next recording is scheduled. I don't think I've seen this reported yet so I hope someone at Rogers takes note and adds this to the ever growing list of issues.

Thank you.
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a new issue where ever couple of minutes the screen just goes black for a second or two and then comes back on. This is new to me. 

I Plan to Stick Around

New Issues:  After Rogers doing numerous automatic downloads to my Navigatr yesterday and last night...and I really appreciated the ones during prime time last night that truncated the end and beginning of 4 recorded shows as well as the regular 2 a.m. update that truncated the same shows I tried to re-record on time shifted channels, I now have lost half the pretty pictures on my tiles...the pretty pictures (the ones that are suppose to make this disaster appease us) were there before, now they're gone.

Did anyone else experience overnight:

1)  numerous Rogers downloads between 4 p.m. and 4 a.m.?

2)  the disappearance of pre-existing pictures on PVR recorded tiles?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@molly222 wrote:

I have had this issue since the "update" a week or so ago - so for me it is not new. One day the pictures are there - the next day "poof" they are gone. I have also noticed that the text that appears when you select a picture tile often has a truncated version of the show title to the extent that you have to select it to be able to be sure what it is you are selecting.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

@molly222 wrote:

New Issues:  After Rogers doing numerous automatic downloads to my Navigatr yesterday and last night...and I really appreciated the ones during prime time last night that truncated the end and beginning of 4 recorded shows as well as the regular 2 a.m. update that truncated the same shows I tried to re-record on time shifted channels, I now have lost half the pretty pictures on my tiles...the pretty pictures (the ones that are suppose to make this disaster appease us) were there before, now they're gone.

Did anyone else experience overnight:

1)  numerous Rogers downloads between 4 p.m. and 4 a.m.?

1) No I did not receive <bothersome> updates - I have set it to comp./ant (NOT HDMI) FWIW

It seems like the sleep / coma / shut off occurs closer to every 4 hours.

Re: Downloading: I do tend to pull the plug when I am pretty sure the library of congress X 100 could have been downnloaded in that time period (15 minutes +) maybe that helps.

Look at the bright side: I got my roger's increased rate letter yesterday! (to ENSURE I CONTINUE RECEIVING SUCH GOOD (OUTSTANDING(?) SERVICE - something lke that) - and with the MONEY I SAVE with power-saving, I can <easily> afford it! -- It all works out - you see?

Smiley Frustrated

2) Do you mean only the images or the recording?

If just the picture - they are never consistent: I don't care about that - they're bound to show up again and block any information (like the title).

JMO

I Plan to Stick Around

Have not noticed any daytime/primetime uploads/upgrades here but have also noticed the pictures disappearing from the recorded tiles.  One time they're there, next time they're not on the same boxes, new ones appear, ones that used to have pictures are gone.  I'm feeling lucky because I have now had 3 days of the box actually working correctly, no "unresponsive" box issue, turns on in the morning using the remote and any other time during the day we turn the TV on.  After 1 phone call last Friday to Rogers, 2 emails, Sunday and Monday, where Monday I asked for a credit for the week I have had this terrible service, I got a phone call Tuesday morning (even though I asked to be contacted in the afternoon), which my husband answered and the woman said she would call back Wednesday morning or afternoon.  I waited in all day and surprise (or maybe not!) no one called back.  This morning I was out and 15 minutes before I got home, Rogers called and left a message on our answering machine, "if you're still having problems, call our 1-800 Rogers number and place a service call".  Still waiting to hear about a credit!

I'm a Senior Contributor

@DoneInDurham wrote:

Have not noticed any daytime/primetime uploads/upgrades here but have also noticed the pictures disappearing from the recorded tiles.  One time they're there, next time they're not on the same boxes, new ones appear, ones that used to have pictures are gone.  [ ... ] Still waiting to hear about a credit!

OBSERVATION:

The really old recordings no longer have images. The more recent have images.

Try RE-ARRANGING them using the INCREDIBLY VAST & COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF THE MANY POSSIBILITIES: Most recent, and by title!

(Mind you, you will lose even more informative BOXES on the page with that window open)

And don't forget to save your arrangement (mine default to whatever I did not choose - but of course I could be losing track of the <many> possible sorting methods!)

And Best of luck on the credit!

Sorry - but, fed up and even a price increase!

Thank you!

Smiley Wink

I Plan to Stick Around

I found the recent recording boxes with pictures also change every day.  My oldest recordings are about 2 days old.  I try not to keep recordings too long because Rogers will probably find a way to delete them overnight! Don't really care about the pictures.  Bigger problems with Rogers to worry about.  Really only posted regarding that because I figured they would cut my post if I only complained about the callings and credit. As far as the credit, my time is more valuable to me than sitting on hold for Rogers only to be told, sorry no credit or here's $10, have a nice day!

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I want to take a moment to thank Rogers for working so hard to fix all the problems with Navigatr. The newest version of Navigatr is double plus good.

It is so much easier now to find the programs I want to watch. I can see pictures of my programs – and not have to deal with those hard to read lists with irrelevant details like when the program was recorded and what channel it was on and how long the recording is.

I want to thank Big Rogers for their careful attention to detail and optimum design choices. Watching TV is now better and enhanced. It’s like never before.

But one problem I’m still having is my box sometimes locks up after several hours. I find my Nextbox works better if I unplug it and let it reboot – and the more often I unplug it – the better it works. I’ve left the box unplugged for two days now – and there have been absolutely no problems with the box – at all. It’s better than ever.

The stability of the Navigatr depends on its users donating their time cataloging the last few problems with the program and notifying Rogers – because Rogers cares about their customer’s happiness. Rogers values all the opinions of every customer and implements our suggestions to make Navigatr better. They even give us this great forum – but they know we don’t want to get bogged down complaining too much. Rogers respects the value of their customers time and is constantly working to make sure the Nextbox works perfectly and reliably records every program we want to watch, and Rogers is working to continually improve the reliability of all their products and make sure you can manage your recordings more easily every day.

And Rogers knows that sometimes you simply get confused by having too many recordings cluttering your PVR, so with the upgrade to Navigatr, Rogers thoughtfully provides the feature that surprises some of us with a fresh clean PVR ready to begin recording programs all over again with a spotless hard drive. Rogers doesn’t even ask us to thank them for this ‘Christmas present’ option.  (It’s sort of like a software ‘Easter egg’ surprise – but delivered around Christmas time.) Rogers knows you like surprises, and one morning this holiday season you may wake up to a ‘brand new hard drive’ that is clean and ready to record all the programs you want to watch all over again.

Thank you Rogers for the great Nextbox.

The Nextbox’s Good

Navigatr is Perfect

TV’s now Better

I love big Nextbox.