UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

I'm having the same problem. Daily reboots of my Nextboxes 3.0 and 2.0 since the new Navigatr update on Jan13,2016. Have a tech guy coming saturday for what good that will do

I Plan to Stick Around

"Re: james 1919      

"I'm having the same problem. Daily reboots of my Nextboxes 3.0 and 2.0 since the new Navigatr update on Jan13,2016. Have a tech guy coming saturday for what good that will do"

I can't believe it's been over a week since people have been reporting this same problem (longer for people that got the "upgrade" earlier) and Rogers is still sending Tech's out to customers houses when they know and have told us that this is a software problem.  This would explain why I just received a letter from Rogers notifying me of a price increase...I guess someone has to pay for this mess!

I'm a Senior Contributor

billmcintyre wrote:

@YtanyaY  I suspect the problem of NB2's operating very slowly is because the 8642's were severely underpowered CPU-wise - even when they were first launched.  They were slow slow slow - even back then.  The size of the new Navigatr code is probably too much for them to handle at a reasonable speed.  They simply lack the brain power to perform instructions at an acceptable pace.   Sort of like the designers of the box.

"Sort of like the designers of the box."

designers???

I wonder if at some point even the BEST NB stops being able to handle VERY POOR "programming" (or efforts at).

If UNRESPONSIVENESS varies with the length of time NAVIGATR has been on the BOX - that could be a hint? (Cumulative effect)

I apologize but looking for remoteS and writing down program reminders is getting very tiring...

Smiley Wink

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Had my first major fail last night (other than the inherent design fails that is). Pressed STOP at the end of watching a recording and the system froze. Completely unresponsive to anything and everything. Reboot solved the problem but the program being recoded at the time (The Daily Show AGAIN as it happens) has disappeared off the face of the planet.

Sigh ... why am I paying for this rubbish?

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@james1919 wrote:

I'm having the same problem. Daily reboots of my Nextboxes 3.0 and 2.0 since the new Navigatr update on Jan13,2016. Have a tech guy coming saturday for what good that will do

It will do no good whatsoever as the problems are in the software, not related to anything physical a tech visit is going to help with (replacing bad equipment/cabling/etc.).  

As to the recordings that go on and don't end, that's yet ANOTHER old bug from previous RTN software versions that has resurfaced. 

I'm a Senior Contributor

molly222 wrote:

"Re: james 1919      

"I'm having the same problem. Daily reboots of my Nextboxes 3.0 and 2.0 since the new Navigatr update on Jan13,2016. Have a tech guy coming saturday for what good that will do"

I can't believe it's been over a week since people have been reporting this same problem (longer for people that got the "upgrade" earlier) and Rogers is still sending Tech's out to customers houses when they know and have told us that this is a software problem.  This would explain why I just received a letter from Rogers notifying me of a price increase...I guess someone has to pay for this mess!

"This would explain why I just received a letter from Rogers notifying me of a price increase...I guess someone has to pay for this mess!"

INCREASE????

I really doubt an increase would help (except for Rogers in the short-term) I certainly doubt it will help the PROBLEM at hand which is A HORRIBLE interface (IMO).

I don't think any extra money will go into trying to (RE)WRITE ((re)do - properly) a functional way to watch TELEVISION.

They could save $ by telling phone support it is a software (not a hardware) issue and stop sending technicians out.

(technicians co$t money).

JMO

Thank you

I've Been Around

Anyone in the Vaughan area been upgraded to the new Navigatr?

I Plan to Stick Around

Are you saying that you can't even hide channels through Settings anymore?

Eithier way, I don't think I can tolerate how slow my NB 2 has become for much longer. I own the box, so I think I should be compensated for having it 'broken' by an involuntary update.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I'm having the same issue. Now I finally have an explanation. Yet when I finally got a Rogers tech on the phone( after 45 min on hold) there was no mention of a power save issue. He requested a tech be sent to my home this weekend. Obviously he won't be able to help. I can't believe their service people can be so uninformed. Thank goodness I found this forum or who knows what further damag this tech might cause

I Plan to Stick Around

Just starting our second reboot of the day!