UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@boxed_in
Do you have a PVR (9865 or 8642 recorder, aka Nextbox 3 or Nextbox 2) or just the digital set top box (4642)?

The new Navigatr interface MIGHT be barely acceptable with no recordings to manage, but for a PVR user it's a step back to something a little worse than what Fred Flintstone had with Bedrock Cable.

@molly222

Honestly, it simply amazes me that Rogers CONTINUES to roll out such obviously untested  amateurish software updates.

A kindergarten class could turn out better tested code after a half day lesson.

@neilpalmer400 wrote:
@molly222

Honestly, it simply amazes me that Rogers CONTINUES to roll out such obviously untested amateurish software updates.

A kindergarten class could turn out better tested code after a half day lesson.

I'm just guessing, but I get the impression that you are less than impressed with Navigatr.  Smiley Wink

I Plan to Stick Around

Neilpalmer400;

yes, I thought they would test it more based on the July 28 initial roll out disaster.  I also find it disappointing that the Rogers technical help is not kept up to date on navigatr issues.  The first tech wanted me to factory reset.  The tier 2 tech wanted to send a repairman to the house.  Both were unaware of the situation with the "unresponsive" behaviour being reported here and on other forums.  Neither tech even knew there was now a sleep function.  It wasn't until I reached tier 3 that I got help from someone that was aware of the problem.  I still have not had a response from Rogers as to how or when they are going to fix this software problem.  They should be letting their customers know there is a problem and that they are working on it (assuming that they are).

Anyone notice the font on the guide harder to read today??

I Plan to Stick Around

It is very obvious that the softwares so called development, for the PVR is totally  out of control!

Having been involved in contracts for aviation eqipment, and the documentation

of the software using flow-charting etc I can see that there is a total lack of leadership or management 

of this problem.

AND WE ARE PAYING FOR THIS!

I'm a Senior Contributor

@molly222 wrote:

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

@ozham wrote:

It is very obvious that the softwares so called development, for the PVR is totally  out of control!

Having been involved in contracts for aviation eqipment, and the documentation

of the software using flo-charting etc I can see that there is a total lack of leadership or management 

of this problem.

AND WE ARE PAYING FOR THIS!

We are helping for free as well!

Isn't it lucky they are NOT involved in aviation! This does NOT seem to have gone through ANY sort of steps that software goes though before even the coding (JMO)

I Plan to Stick Around

YtanyaY;

I got original navigatr July 28 and the updated version Jan.12--I believe the sleep function is new to this most recent release.  When watching pre-recorded shows I use the fast forward and pause very frequently, so I am touching buttons, but it still goes into a coma...everything stays on...but the box is unresponsive...can't fast forward, delete, etc. and I have to reboot.  Even the boxes power on/off doesn't work.  The steps I mentioned in my earlier post seem to be a band aid fix for now.  I also reboot my box every night at 7:45 because most shows I record start at 8:00...I call this my pre-emptive boot.  

@molly222

So Rogers spent programmer resources adding this new unwanted sleep feature (that, like most of the rest of the code appears to be totally untested in any live environment) INSTEAD of. fixing all the outstanding bugs that have been reported here on the forums since July 28?