UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

@SDRF wrote:

1. I could see all kinds of settings for CC but no way to turn them on or off? Very strange.

2. Has anyone figured out if you can disable this power saving feature ?

1. With Navigatr, you cannot turn on CC when watching a recording at this time. You must do it while watching live TV, then return to your recording. I have not yet been infected with Navigatr, however, I believe the instructions are as follows:

If you're watching a recording, stop watching and switch to a live TV channel.  Press "Info" while watching live TV - scroll to "More", select More, scroll to "turn on CC", exit and find your recording again.  CC should then stay on for both live and recorded programming until you turn it off again while watching live TV. 

This method is a huge pain compared to RTN, where you can do it while watching a recording or with live TV and it took far fewer button presses.  Having to stop a recording to turn on CC should not be required and anyone who is hearing impaired should complain very loudly to Rogers and the CRTC.  Many people, like me, do not have CC enabled full time, we may turn it on briefly to catch a phrase or word that we missed.

2. As for the power saving feature, I don't believe anyone has found such a setting and it may not be available at this time. It should really be an option under the settings menu, like it is in many TV user menus, however, Rogers may not give you that option.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Community,

I've actually just learned that tomorrow's Navigatr rollout has been put on hold for the Toronto and Etobicoke regions.

We’ll keep you posted on upcoming Navigatr updates to the rest of our cable footprint, in addition to notifications customers will be getting by mail, email and text.

Thanks 

RogersDarrell 

I Plan to Stick Around

Hello

Could you provide the community a brief reason for holding the rollout of Navigatr to Toronto and Etobicoke regions?  I'm sure we would all be interested in the rational for the decision.

Thank you.

I Plan to Stick Around

What happens when you are running a combo of boxes (4250HD and 8642HDs) still on SARA?  The last time an upgrade was attempted, all my boxes failed to upgrade or work (I think they were sent into a continous boot loop).  I had to call in and I think Rogers had to stop pushing the upgrade for things to get back to normal.  

I Plan to Stick Around

Hopefully you will get lucky and avoid the update again.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Hwaiting

Your boxes on SARA shouldn't be affected. I have 2 X 8642s still happily running on SARA and a 9865 Nextbox 3 which has gone through the various iterations of RTN and Navigatr with no change to the other boxes. Nor would I want it to.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks, that's good to know.  I had thought all boxes in the household had to all be on the same system.

I'm a Senior Contributor

"I've actually just learned that tomorrow's Navigatr rollout has been put on hold for the Toronto and Etobicoke regions.

We’ll keep you posted on upcoming Navigatr updates to the rest of our cable footprint, in addition to notifications customers will be getting by mail, email and text."

I truly thank Rogers for this decision BUT I cringe to think of what the rollout had (will have) in store for us!

Perhaps the power not coming on issue (which has not hit my NB 3 yet)?

If nothing else it is good to be warned!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The rollout will be happening very soon.  I've gotten mailed flyers, emails, and just last week, an automated call about it. Really hope they've fixed most of the bugs, otherwise they'll be flooded with complaints.

I'm a Senior Contributor

Hi senordd

At least you get emails - I don't.

I only get the daily Roger's apology email about issues I reported on in October (10/3/15) that are STILL NOT FIXED and the APOLOGY - but NO indication that anything else will happen as far as NAVIGATR is concerned.

I couldn't tell anyway.

Something must have happened overnight though (besides shutting off).

Today, searching is HOPELESS.

BESIDES:

1. Returning nonsense

2. The remote STILL only controls the background Search result BOXES.

If one clicks on a SEARCH result (still no channel NUMBER) you get either:

A) a semi-informative description (On the top left) with a reminder (a waste of space since reminders don’t work) still no channel number.

I don't even bother because it will likely tell me I don't subscribe and I could order it. Anyway the result is so FAR from the search item it consumes time and energy to make the extra clicks...

B) IF I CLICK ON an onDemand result: NO CHANNEL NUMBER and the red and black (with white text still) window pops up with the rest of the search results (INFORMATION-LESS) BOXES in the BACKGROUND.

If I try to NAVIGATE through the red, black with white text window (IN THE FOREGROUND) NOTHING happens BUT the result boxes (INFORMATION-LESS) in the background are affected. (Their borders become pronounced meaning I am on the box IN THE BACKGROUND.)

I already reported this phenomenon SEEMS like WEEKS ago but I guess they are too busy (complementing themselves, EDITING posts so they make NO SENSE at all OR removing posts so when one refers to a post number it is NO LONGER VALID).

I would LOVE to be able to psych myself out into this much denial!

Imagine – TOTAL apathy! No stress; no awareness of deadlines; no responsibilities.... Just being in a dream AND NOT CARING ABOUT: No TV, or NOT being able to search; no concern about the BOX shutting off; nor about my MISSING VIDEOS – just a few (New problem).

I was hoping that with a search result for an onDemand, I would get to the channel. THEN I had planned to hit the guide and POSSIBLY see the channel number - BUT I guess no chance today.

There are MYRIADS of other problems I see but why bother....

Thank you!