UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

I Plan to Stick Around

Is anyone able to test their closed captions to see if they work? My have stopped working recently and I'm wondering if it is a symptom of the last update. Thanks!

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Hi @Keroberous

Other people have reported problems with closed captioning not working.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Community,

Starting tomorrow, we’ll be rolling out the new Navigatr software to all NextBox cable customers in Toronto and Etobicoke.

We’ll keep you posted on upcoming Navigatr updates to the rest of our cable footprint, in addition to notifications customers will be getting by mail, email and text.

Thanks,

RogersDarrell

I'm a Senior Contributor

"Is anyone able to test their closed captions to see if they work? My have stopped working recently and I'm wondering if it is a symptom of the last update. Thanks!"

Sorry - I don't know anything about CC, but if it were me, I'd try replacing the HDMI with component (I read a post of yours earlier and you mentioned "delay" - (although I think it was text delay)

Using "delay" as the keyword though:

We "fixed" an audio delay by replacing the HDMI cable with RCA cables.

Perhaps someone here can complete this with which RCA cables (what colors) to use?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I could see all kinds of settings for CC but no way to turn them on or off? Very strange.

Has anyone figured out if you can disable this power saving feature ?

I Plan to Stick Around

Reading through this forum I guess I can consider myself lucky. Have a basic HD Nextbox and a Nextbox 3 PVR both running Navigtr 2. Both updated cleanly and are running smoothly. My basic HD box is a bit laggy but is otherwise fine. My Nextbox 3 is smoother and problem free.  My only complaint is the fast forward and rewind features when using  On-demand  ie Shomi, TMN is a bit buggy and there's only one speed. This feature was lost on Navigtr 1 and not fixed with the latest update. The feature works fine on pVR recording. 

I wonder if many of the conversion and ongoing problems being experienced are caused by low strength weak signals. Just a thought. 

I Plan to Stick Around

although these issues do not seem to be affecting everyone, Rogers has confirmed with me that it is a software issue that is being worked on. Signal strength has been checked by them. Have now gone a full 24 hours without box being "unresponsive" , so I live in hope!

I Plan to Stick Around

May be the order of the updates. Mine was fine for the first 4 or 5 days and then started with the unresponsive nonsense.
I'm a Senior Contributor

WELL?

YtanyaY wrote:

RogersMoin:

"1.Has Rogers tried replacing the HDMI with COMPONENT / COMPOSITE(S)??"

I would try to do this myself but

1. This would entail MANUAL LABOUR and I might have to charge!

Smiley Wink

SO as you can see, it would be FAR more ECONOMICAL for ROGERS to do this in their testing facilities (If they have any?) (If they do NOT have testing facilities, I suggest they build some)

WE (all) on these message boards, are really not going to be able to help you too much since validity in testing is based on controlled environments.

Unfortunately, we are in different areas, have different brands of TVs, and it seems have differently behaving NAVIGATRs depending on where the <APPARENTLY frantic> “updates” landed last....

BTW, I read somewhere that BELL also has energy saving features, HOWEVER apparently, these are USER defined!

I read that the USER (me) would be able to decide on the number of hours of inactivity (the maximum for BELL is supposedly 8 hours)!

ROGERS should FOLLOW SUIT but go 1 step further and add another interval of 12 hours! And to really be in the lead of the industry (while maintaining the CRTC's or whoever's voluntary suggestion on how I use my HYDRO-SUPPLIED ENERGY - That I pay for) maybe include a "DISABLE ENERGY SAVING FEATURE” user-defined option!

(For those of us WHO ARE UNCONCERNED about the FRACTION of the 8% of TOTAL HOUSE ENERGY THE BOX uses.)

“Energy-saving tips for TVs, computers and laptops from uSwitch”

http://www.uswitch.com/energy-saving/guides/tvs-computers-laptops/

SO???

Smiley Wink

Thank you!