UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Hey molly
That's why we signed up to be beta testers for Rogers. I for one am happy to pay them so they can debug their software.
I Plan to Stick Around

Molly222 I tried to let you know that I ageeed with your post. Having the same problems.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have just rebooted my box for the third time. Trying to watch the hockey game on CBC. I'm told the service is unavailable. Rogers you can mess with many things but Saturday night hockey is not one of them.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Now on the 6th reboot. Remote totally unresponsive. The hard drives on these things have got to hate all the hard resets.

Hello, @SDRF

Thank you for your continuous patience. Are you using HDMI cable between Nextbox and your TV? If so, would you please unplug the HDMI cable and reinsert it and see if this resolves the unresponsiveness. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

No the 6th reboot did the job. Only took me 45 minutes to watch basic cable. The problems seem to be getting worse rather than better.
I'm a Senior Contributor

RogersMoin:

1.Has Rogers tried replacing the HDMI with COMPONENT / COMPOSITE(S)??

2.During these UNRESPONSIVE periods, can one access the diagnostic screens?

{Hold [EXIT] until power light on BOX flashes twice (IF IT WILL).
Quickly press the [DOWN ARROW] TWICE and then the number [2] ONCE}

(I would try 2. but for whatever reason, It has been “responding”.)

I'm a Trusted Contributor

A warning to all posters. Although Rogers DOES apparently have a sense of humour (after all what is Navigatr if not one of the biggest jokes in the world, and that joke about being proud to bring us an enhanced viewing experience and easier searches is an absolute howler too) apparently they do NOT understand sarcasm. Any sarcastic comments about how great it is and how the rollout should be speeded up are apparently being interpreted as sincere praise and a vote for Navigatr, and justification for the continued rollout and totally misleading advertising.

After all how else could you explain their totally risible claim that almost 4 customers approve of Navigatr to every one who disapproves. That is either an outright lie (or intentional manipulation of survey results) or Rogers has just inadvertently disclosed that for every one customer with a PVR there are almost 4 with only the set top box for Live & On Demand viewing. Unless you only use your PVR once or twice a week, or are on some mind altering unprescribed medication, how could a PVR user possibly approve of this amateurish attempt at software development with absolutely no quality control or real world testing done before rolling it out to customers who are expected to actually PAY for this garbage?

I would suggest Rogers need to take the total Cable portion of the monthly bills for EVERYONE with a PVR and Navigatr and multiply the amount by negative one, and continue this EVERY month until such time as EVERY bug reported in these forums is fixed. I'm sure that will make us all happy to be Rogers customers.
(sorry, forgot my own advice on sarcasm there).

I'm a Senior Advisor

Hi everyone. Thought I would paas on a comment from a seniour tech. I thanked the gor the fixes and then we discusse the freezing. He indicated the issue is purely software and not in the electronics or box it self. So he agreed with me that if the box is frozen only solution is to unplug and then when back reboot from trouble shooting. He and I troublesht together the black screen after on demand shows and sudden reboot on its own. Found that just end the show at credits tend to avoid it
He laughed at sggestions of signal strenth plug it into another plug try a different surge protectot or power bar trying different checking dianostic screens combinations of button pushes and so forth. He said none of these would help and it is known it is a bug in the software.

And he said absolutely don't factory reset or take the box unless recommended by a higher tier tech.

I told him of these superstitious unproven responses on varios sources and their own techs and he will look to getting a clear response. It is a software response it is being worked on but date known and he agreed all these kind attempts at solutions just frustrate.

He thanked me and gave a credit for being understanding and constructive.

I am dealing directly with just reporting issues as I experience to higher level techs because lower level techs can't do anthing with it. I also file complaints and compliments too

Stiil things I would like to see.

Stable no freezing and occassional freeze from on demand. Undefined ondemand. Cc missing and info for on demand. But ui can see a lot of work. They just released five months too soon on unsuspecting usere and crical failures still going on.

But we both agreed let's stay away from the undocumented some times plain silly suggestions on how to solve the problen

It has been good to have a break. I stil don't like the layout and boy it is cumborsome and a lot of clicks to do things but at least except for freezing it is generally useable

I like the play list but haven't tried yet. Also one othe missing one that is anyplace tv ondemand manage pvr is on the box software to see all channels an upcoming show is on to decide on which one to record and please put channels in descriptions.

There are a few more small itens but generally pleased. I have an open ticket and now unfortunately they obviosly had a mess to clean up in the last one. Hope these last fixes come but I will let them work on it and continue with my health care work. I got permission to pop in compliment and give constructive feedback. Then my wife locks me out again

I know it is frustration for all in particular those who aleasy are into six months and now the new ones. Hang in there keep feeding your issues and if a recommendation does not make sense don't do it and go to a higher level technical tier.

Enjoy the new year. Bruce
I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes I learned that I describe the item step by step and let them define condition they are reporting. Example after watching two on demad shows in a row rather tha return to the coice screen screen went black anthen rebooted. It happened also with only one but has never happened if I don't watch credits end show cacek then pick next show. Binge watching on tmn. Or I was recording two show in a row on same channel. Found that screen froze recording light still on and not able to input from any on off pushes at box or any button pushes or combination. Only solution was unplug. Inerestinlg second recorded show was there with gap during reboot time. I have tried the business with power on keys numerals or buttons to no avail. Senior tech says this is not a supported solution. It is a bug they have to find and fix. Bruce