UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

RogersHassan
I know it's a radical thought but maybe Rogers could do some testing and solve these problems BEFORE they released the product.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Maybe were all missing something here. With many posters reporting the inability to turn on their PVR could it be this is intended to reduce our disappointment with Navigatr? After all, if you can't turn it on you can't get frustrated and annoyed with the truly awful (lack of) design choices taken by the developers of this poor excuse for software.

I think ALL of us here DESERVE to at least know whether or not whoever it is at Rogers making that decision (and we don't need names yet, that can come at the shareholders meeting) is reading these posts or not? How about it, are the decision maker(s) looking at these complaints or not?

I'm Here A Lot

If you don'tmind me saying,,,,,,,,,,,, Please encourage Rogers to roll this downgrade to all their customers. At this point, we the effected area got rogers to stop the initial roll out and that bit us in the but. We need more people to be updated so we tie up their tech support department with complaints and cancellations, therefore mayby, just maybe something will get done. I tied up a live chat guy thing morning by copying and pasting the post from this thread and making him read them! I am fed up with this company and considering the Bell switch when my business trip is over. I CANNOT take another call from my wife saying the TV doesn't work. The lack of information from Rogers, disregard of their customers is pathetic. I have so much to say but don't have the time right now to type it all out.

ROGERS

Keep rolling it out!!!   You are doing a great job.  Maybe speed up the roll out to more areas at a time!!!  Update everyone!!  I encourage it!!!!!

I can't wait until the emplyee boxes get updated!!

Keith

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersHassam wrote:

Hi @mpfc75,

We are certainly keeping a track of the issues and they are being reported to the appropriate teams. Can you please try changing your power on keys setting from the settings menu to "power and others"?

I can certainly do that, but since the power button on the box has no effect when the freeze takes place I doubt the remote setting has anything to do with it.  But I will try.  I've also just hard re-booted (unplug) and then soft re-booted (using the settings menu).

If you have to keep rebooting the box, there is a possibility it can be signal or box related as well.

Hmmm, ok. Maybe.  But since there are quite a few customers who all report their boxes are freezing after they received the latest Navigatr update I doubt that we all have boxes whose hardware just failed or whose signal just degraded coincidental to the updated Navigatr.

If the box doesn't take the update correctly, it can cause these symptoms. 

Why would the box not update correctly? Why would the PVR work better than it did following the Jul 28 update except for the freeze.  I actually suspect we all got the update correctly but there is a bug somewhere.  Something to note, after each freeze I've noticed that the showcards update.  Some shows that were previously black now have a picture while others that had a picture are now black once again.  Could the freeze up have anything to do with background updating of these showcards?

A factoy restore is another option you can try but it does delete all recordings and settings on the box which I can definitely understand is inconveniencing.

I am not going to be performing a factory restore without Rogers first confirming 100% that they know what is causing these freeze ups and that a reset is the only way to fix it.  Losing all recording and scheduled recordings is as you say an

inconvenience.

Can you also try switching to a different power outlet directly for the box?

To protect against power brownouts, surges, and power failures I have my NextBox 3 plugged into an Uninterruptable Power Supply with battery.  My home also has a surge protector at the power panel.  Therefore, I do not believe my freeze ups are a result of the quality of the power going to the box so I don't plan on switching it.

Please, consider the fact that many people are reporting the freeze up in this forum following the January Navigatr update.  There are possibly others who are having the problem but not reporting them here. I know my daughters box was frozen following the update and she's not reported it in these forums.

I've Been Here Awhile

Unfortunately my experience with the new navigator is not good. Day 4 of no recordings this week after work unless I am home to reboot. It stops responding sometime after I leave for work and before I end up at home. I have to be home to reboot the system or it doesn't work.

I Plan to Stick Around

THIS IS THE 5TH (FIVE TIMES!!!!) TODAY THAT I AM SITTING HERE REBOOTING ALL 3 OF OUR NEXTBOX 3'S.

EVERY TIME YOU TRY TO DELETE A WATCHED PROGRAM IT FREEZES THE WHOLE SCREEN. 

CAN'T CHANGE CHANNELS, CAN'T DO ANYTHING.   

WHAT THE HECK..............................AND I DO NOT MEAN THAT NICELY.  I AM PAYING FOR THIS . AND EXPECT A  PROPER SERVICE.  I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO WAKE UP EACH MORNING TO REBOOT EVERYTHING JUST TO GET THIS NONSENSE GOING ONLY TO HAVE IT FAIL AN HOUR LATER.

ROGERS, AND ALL YOU OTHER PEOPLE (YOU KNOW WHO I MEAN), STOP PROMOTING THIS . .

I Plan to Stick Around

How can anyone from Rogers, with all the above comments, write that happy roll-out statement for those poor unfortunate people who will receive the Navigatr roll-out this week?  

I Plan to Stick Around

What nonsense!

I Plan to Stick Around

Jack22
Don't you understand? This is an Upgrade. Talk to Rogers support, everyone loves it. You must be the only one with a problem. 😭

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

to all of us that have been and are still having an issue with the new navigator software (at least it seems that is the issue) please do not forget to request an adjustment to your account if you are not able to use the services supplied by rogers.  i myself every time something like this happens will ensure that i call so my account can be adjusted accordingly as we should not have to pay for services we are not receiving.  good luck everyone