UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marijna
I Like it Here

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

My nextbox will not turn on.  The time is still showing accurately, and it worked fine last time I watched tv a couple days ago.  Pressing the power button manually on the front of the box doesn't work either.  Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this?

SDRF
I Plan to Stick Around

Normally pulling the power out of the back waiting 30 seconds and plugging it back in works for a while.
collinsg
I Plan to Stick Around

once you have power back, reboot from troubleshooting menu
Saildude28
I'm Here A Lot

My Rogers has not worked properly since the first day of installation.  The new and improved navigator is awful.  Guess time to switch back to bell.  I give up

roxandtreez
I'm a Senior Contributor

@bulldogtt  I have limited mobility as my spine is fractured and held together with rods and screws.  Because we had to reboot the Nextbox so frequently, my wife set up the power to go through one of those Christmas light extension cords that has a switch.  With the switch on top of the cabinet I was able to power off the Nextbox using the switch.

It doesn't fix the problem, but it makes it easier if you are unable to reach the Nextbox power cord and the box is frozen.

RogersHassam
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @Saildude28 and @Marijna,

Welcome to the Community! 

@Saildude28, Can you please tell us what issues you have been having since your services were installed and if you have already reached out for support regarding these issues? Details would be helpful in order to assist further. 

@Marijna, did you try rebooting the box and did that fix the issue? 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Saildude28
I'm Here A Lot

Hi RogersHassam I have called support dozens and dozens of times.  Replaced boxes had all levels of support techs in to try and fix had the cables replaced in and out only to have the last update fix the known issues.  Tonight after the newest update everything froze. I rebooted twice and after a frustrating hour or so back up. Gave up on calling support or chat as the wait was too long. Ended up calling bell. 

RogersHassam
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@Saildude28, I'm sorry about your negative experience. You mentioned that the known issues you had were resolved after the update but you had to reboot it twice since the update and now it's back up and running? Please continue to use box now and let us know if you still have issues going forward. We can help you here and you can always PM @CommunityHelps as well. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

molly222
I Plan to Stick Around

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is not getting any better...it's getting so much worse!  The box keeps freezing...it may freeze on...and you can't turn it off, or change the channel, use the guide...nothing...it just freezes!  Or it will freeze "off" and you can't turn it on.  The only thing to fix it, is to unplug and plug it in again.  I have tried the reboot from settings suggestion as well.  All the reboots only makes it work for a few hours, then I'm back to freezing again!  I have spent more time rebooting than watching shows.  It appears with every reboot, the time frame before it freezes again becomes shorter.

I've seen these same freezes reported by many other users on this thread....does anyone know if Rogers is looking into this...I've talked to a few Rogers tech help and they have no answers...can offer me no help...at this point I virtually have no TV anymore...unfortunately I paid $500 for the box...so I own it...switching to Bell at this point is throwing $500 down the drain!  Although at this point I'm paying for a Rogers service I can no longer use.

Is it possible that all the pretty picture tiles are clogging up the Box's and causing them to freeze?  It seems that the more pictures that are added with every reboot, the slower the box, and the more freezes!  I never had this problem before.  I thought the July update was bad...at least I could watch programs...now I have nothing!

I AM BEGGING AT THIS POINT....IS THERE NO-ONE AT ROGERS THAT CAN HELP US GET OUR TV VIEWING BACK???????????????

I AM VIRTUALLY IN TEARS OVER THIS...CAN ANYONE AT ROGERS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME?

billmcintyre
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Hi @molly222

I'm sorry to hear about the experience that Rogers is putting you through.

I wonder, if maybe, the problem you're having is related to the other issue some are reporting about the box going into 'sleep mode' because the energy saving feature is locking the box up.

This is only speculation on my part, and this may certainly not be related to that issue - but once the box is working - how long is it before it doesn't?

You may want to scan this forum for the posts I mention about people saying their box shuts off to 'save energy' since the most recent Navigatr update.

IF this is the cause of the problem, you might notice a message flash up on your TV before the box shuts off.  But this will mean you will need to spend your time watching the TV screen like a hawk.

Calling Rogers tech help MIGHT also be helpful.  Some of their tech people are quite sympathetic.

Good luck - and know that you are not alone and many of us feel your pain.  (I don't know if knowing that makes you feel any better.)