UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Does anyone know how to fix the issue with the power button?  I just had to reboot my PVR for the 5th time today to get the power on.  Am getting really tired of it sometimes working, sometimes not.  Is it possible that this has anything to do with the earlier posts about people saying that Rogers set the boxes to automatically "sleep" after 3 hours?

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have been a Roger's customer for over 30 years. I have the latest PVR box and 2 nights ago Rogers updated their navigation guide (or TV guide). My PVR and TV has been nixed since. I called Rogers service and they said they had no idea about my service type of call, but would put in a ticket. And, if I didn't get a call back within 48 hours, that I should call back (of course I would!)

Still nothing, and seriously, the lack of interest on the lack of my cable service is going to make our family (and our referrals) to change to Vmedia.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Curminator

The problem is Rogers support has no clue what to tell you. Rogers insists on rolling out buggy beta software and then over the next month will roll out patch after patch to try and fix the issues. They will get it almost sorted out and we will get used to the software and then they will do a "wonderful" new upgrade and we willl go through the same nonsense all over again.

I Plan to Stick Around

Sad,  but very true.  I still have two pending tickets with Rogers from the July rollout.  I get an electronic voice mail once a week saying they are working on it.

Has anyone heard about a fix for the power on/off problems?

I'm a Senior Contributor

Hi ,

1. From your earlier post: (I could not reply to anything for a while)

"can someone explain more about the input and how we change it...assuming that this is the fix we need."

IMO it not related to the *new* on / off issues.

It's the connection mode: I use "Input" on the TV's remote:

HERE is the list of choices:

HDMI 1 (cable)

HDMI 2

HDMI 3

VIDEO 1

COMP. /VIDEO 2

PC

I use the top one.

Sometimes something switches to another mode and the BLANK TV screen has "NO signal" on it.

2. I can power the BOX back on after my 3 hours of viewing time (Following its energy saving shut off). It's getting the TV and the box on at the same time after the shut off of ONLY the box which has become a NEW problem

(for whatever reason)) - 

I have to go through several cycles after the AUTOMATIC, UNADJUSTABLE, and mainly UNINVITED MANDATORY SERVICE shuts only the BOX off.

BOX OFF / TV ON

BOX ON / TV OFF

until

finally ->

BOX ON | TV ON

Then I have 3 hours to watch TV.

If I am watching really carefully and happen to be in front of the TV with the remote, I might be able to catch the illegible warning message that it will shut off in 42 (?) seconds to save energy.

I do not think it is related to this *new* power feature. Perhaps the BOX has had enough?

I Plan to Stick Around

Try a reboot from the troubleshooting menu once you can get powered on by unplugging the unit, it seemed to fix my issues, whereas unplugging alone didn't help
I Plan to Stick Around

@molly222 wrote:

Does anyone know how to fix the issue with the power button?  I just had to reboot my PVR for the 5th time today to get the power on.  Am getting really tired of it sometimes working, sometimes not.  Is it possible that this has anything to do with the earlier posts about people saying that Rogers set the boxes to automatically "sleep" after 3 hours?

Hi Molly222,

I have been a bit of a nightowl for the past while and I have not encountered a automatic sleep with the Nextbox and Navigatr.  Once upon a time when I had my old SA8300 box I used an external harddrive and during that time the box would as me about sleep late at night. I don't use the external HD any longer. I never thought about it until now but maybe the external hard drive had something to do with it. Do you have one now?

I Plan to Stick Around

I waited two plus hours and the box was still unresponsive so I just pulled the power. I have a recording for 5:00pm and 5:30pm (should be recording now) every weekday and the red light on the box did not come on so I suspect the recordings were not made while it was unresponsive. FYI, the current channel continued to play but I could not control the box at all.

After the power-plug reboot I noticed that some recording that previously had showcards were now just black boxes again while other shows now had showcards.  I had hoped that while the box was unresponsive it was busy doing things in the background (like showcards) but this is inconclusive.

I've now taken the advice of another forum contributor and I'm doing a reboot from the settings menu to see it this helps.

I (we) should not have to be doing this.

I Plan to Stick Around

thanks everyone for the reply's....

...YTanyaY...I tried the input thing and it doesn't work. I think you're right and it doesn't have anything to do with the "sleep" problem. To my knowledge as of now, I don't have the "sleep" on mine. Sorry to hear about that on yours!

...mpfc75....no, I don't have an external HD, but thanks for the suggestion.

...collinsg...I'm going to try the reboot from the troubleshooter and see if that clears it up!

If anyone hears of a fix for this...please post!
I Plan to Stick Around

@molly222 wrote:
thanks everyone for the reply's....

...YTanyaY...I tried the input thing and it doesn't work. I think you're right and it doesn't have anything to do with the "sleep" problem. To my knowledge as of now, I don't have the "sleep" on mine. Sorry to hear about that on yours!

...mpfc75....no, I don't have an external HD, but thanks for the suggestion.

...collinsg...I'm going to try the reboot from the troubleshooter and see if that clears it up!

If anyone hears of a fix for this...please post!

How about time travel back to July 27, 2015 before Navigatr arrived?   :-)