UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Agree . I use the TV remote to change input when I'm going to Netflix . The "No Signal" blue screen only started when they updated the software.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Since the new navigatr arrived yesterday I have had to reboot (unplug wait 30 seconds plug back in) 5 times same issue, remote will not do anything. I will call support next time it freezes.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It seems that there are a few of us having the same problem regarding not being able to turn the PVR on and off without rebooting...can someone explain more about the input and how we change it...assuming that this is the fix we need. I turned it off...showed my husband that it was off (because I thought I must be going nuts)...went back an hour later and the PVR was on again...the only way to turn it off again was to unplug it! Does anyone have a fix for this besides calling Ghostbusters?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

the answer will be to reboot remote i know from experience unfortuneatly  i am not able to reboot due to my disability and that is why i posted this and hopefully something will be done. thanks for viewing

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

a reboot from the troubleshooting menu seems to work better than unplugging
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

thanks for suggestion but the nextbox i have is frozen on one channel and will not change i even tried to manually turn off the box using the power button and it will not shut down.  if i could get to the settings area and reboot i would but because it is frozen i cannot go anywhere but the channel that is currently on

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello YtanyY,

When I say "List" I am referring to what you and I get after pressing the List button on the remote. I too get the grid of boxes representing the shows.  With this weeks update a few of the boxes now contain 'showcards' but most are still just black.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

dont have the box infront of me.. but under the SETTINGS menu, there is a way to do a reboot on the box from there as well, without having to unplug it, etc.

How long ago did you get the box?

I know in the past at least, many people reported it took a few days, for it to settle in and see the boxes sometimes.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I think a minor miracle just occurred!

First a new problem… I paused a live program to take a phone call. After my call was done I decided to stop watching TV and do something else. The PVR would not power off with the remote. I pressed the power button on the box and it also had no effect. I tried changing channels, going into settings, etc. but the box was frozen. Like others have reported I had to pull the plug.

As the box was coming up I noticed the ‘dnld’ display and settled in for a long wait. But it didn’t take long. I turned on the PVR and the first thing I did was use the remote to turn it off. I worked. Multiple times!

I pressed the List button on the remote and scrolled down my ‘All Recordings, Sorted by Most Recent’ list. As expected I passed the recorded shows and began to see the shows scheduled for the next 7 days. Then the unexpected happened: I now see a list of all (?) shows that I have scheduled to record but are not show in the next 7 days.  Shows like Games of Thrones and Better Call Saul.  This feature of the pre-Navigatr box was much missed and now it seems to be back.

But, in true Navigatr style, if you press “C” for sort/filter and select ‘All scheduled recordings’ these unscheduled shows (like Game of Thrones) does not show up.  Only shows scheduled in the next 7 days show.  However, set the filter to ‘All recordings’ and there they are.  But hey, it’s better than nothing.

So I don’t know if the ‘dnld’ that was just done added this feature of it is slowly showing up on its own.

Let the improvements keep a coming!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Navigatr giveth and Navigatr taketh away.

Watching live TV again (after discovering that all my scheduled recording are available). Tried to use the remote to pause the show. Nothing. Remote dead. Tried the remote from another box in my house. Nope. Power button on Nextbox 3 PVR does nothing, just like an hour or so ago.

I’m going to leave it for a while and see if it ‘wakes up’ before I pull the plug again.

But let me tell you, I will not be very happy if I have to unplug the box every time I want to change channels or pause a show.