UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

They've had 6 months to fix the bugs...just got the "fix"...2 bugs fixed...the rest is still a mess...and now there's new bugs...maybe they should test this thing on people that actually use it!

I Plan to Stick Around

The only good thing about this latest "downgrade" is the fast forward button still works...you can skip the Rogers commercials in a second flat...makes me sick to watch them...biggest false promotion I've ever seen!
I'm a Regular

The clock on my Nextbox 3 seems dimmer after the update, am I the only one who sees this?

I Plan to Stick Around

Found in the settings the brightness is  now adjustable have a look there .

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

@Tiger99 wrote:

Found in the settings the brightness is  now adjustable have a look there .

I found it. Thank you.

Community Manager (Retired) RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi folks,

I'm stepping in to respond to the numerous comments regarding mods/community folks not responding to questions/feedback in this thread.

Our moderators are here to keep the Community clean, tidy and a pleasant place to be.  Every once in a while, they will assist where they can (as @Gdkitty mentioned a few posts ago) on technical problems, account issues, etc.  We moderate to the Community Guidelines and Terms of Use.  You agreed to abide by these when you registered to the Community.  

Any further discussion about the moderators in this thread will be considered off-topic and will be removed. 

Please keep this discussion to YOUR experience/questions about the updated Navigatr software.

If you have questions regarding the moderator team (or anything else in the Community), please feel free to send me a PM.

I Plan to Stick Around

I received the original Navigatr on my PVRs last July 28 and I've been critical of Navigatr on Twitter and to my friends and family.

I think it is important to note that I didn't have problems with the Navigatr Guide itself and since not everyone has a PVR I can see why Rogers surveys may show satisifaction with Navigatr.  In my opinion, the majority of issues are with the PVR side of the system.

Today I received the updated Navigatr without incident and it has been improved. Off the top I see:

• Easier to read font
  • Some 'showcard' pictures
  • Much easier to find what is recording since they now appear at the top of the list along with a red recording dot (previously a series show recording would be located 'down' the list and the location would vary depending on whether there was a previously recorded episode in the list or not)
  • The problem of the location in a series listing jumping to the top (newest show) when the bottom (oldest show) was watched seems to have been fixed. More testing needed but when I finished an old show tonight the location stayed on the item I just watched.
  • Page up / Page down now works in the listing
  • Ability to filter to just the scheduled shows. I see this as a step in the right direction but I'm still not entirely happy.  The list of scheduled shows is restricted to the next 7 days so I can't for example see if I have "Game of Thrones" scheduled or not as I could with the pre-Navigatr PVR.  You can't filter to just recorded shows.  And the filter setting is not persistent (the setting isn't retained if you leave the List).

Not fixed / issues - some are:

• Ability to turn Closed Captioning on and of within a recorded show is still missing
  • Scrolling left or right in the listing doesn't wrap to a new line
  • Channel numbers not displayed for recorded shows (just channel name)

Good start Rogers.  I'm not thrilled, but it's better.  So far.  Let me see how I feel about the update after a few days of experience. I hope improvements won't take another 6 months.

I Plan to Stick Around

@mfait wrote:

@stoneball wrote:

I just have 1 plea, I'm in Ottawa and please dont send me any more updates. My box has been stable for a few days and the UI works, sort of. Yes I can live with what  I have!!! Go away!!!! 

Thank youSmiley Happy

Have you been updated to Navigatr?

I'm in Nepean, and have not yet.

yes im in orleans and have got the upgraded nav, and had it for about a week. Many reboots, crashes, lockups, weird stuff happening and suddenly it is stable for several days. have a pvr ofc, but never lost anything

I'm a Senior Contributor

Hello ,

You are using the word "list" in parts of your post.

"Much easier to find what is recording since they now appear at the top of the list along with a red recording dot (previously a series show recording would be located 'down' the list and the location would vary depending on whether there was a previously recorded episode in the list or not)"

My <DOWNgrade> has no lists anymore - only LARGE and [for the most part] textless icons (large SPACE OCCUPYING BOXES (SOB)) that take up most of the pages.

Maybe it is different?

I am in Toronto, and received this *change* on Friday, December 18th 2015.

I've Been Here Awhile

No I didn't lose any recordings...I am unable to transfer any of my recordings to VCR since receiving Navigatr.  VCR will tape live TV with no issues; saved recordings go into this lurid "blipping" mode when I try to record.