UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Im sure my previous posts will catch up to me but I thought I would update you on my status as of 4pm. Since running last night after the 2am software update and having rested for several hours, my setbox now 4pm wont turn on, the remotes (I have 3) turns the tv on but no setbox. The power button on the setbox has no effect of course.  The good news is that the time displays correctly on the setbox. 

Will a pull the power plug and reboot work? Seems so....guide and fav buttons are now toggleing. Im setting up my smart remote to turn my power bar on and off so I can reboot this sucker from the comfort of my arm chair. 

Eevery session is an adventure....

PS Is there any way I can disable any further updates? I'm serious, it seems to work for now and can we stop playing with it !!!!???? Maybe incorporate a "stop updates" setting? 

I'm an Advisor

@stoneball wrote:

Im sure my previous posts will catch up to me but I thought I would update you on my status as of 4pm. Since running last night after the 2am software update and having rested for several hours, my setbox now 4pm wont turn on, the remotes (I have 3) turns the tv on but no setbox. The power button on the setbox has no effect of course.  The good news is that the time displays correctly on the setbox. 

Will a pull the power plug and reboot work? Seems so....guide and fav buttons are now toggleing. Im setting up my smart remote to turn my power bar on and off so I can reboot this sucker from the comfort of my arm chair. 

Eevery session is an adventure....

@stoneball As no-one from Rpgers has yet to state the obvious, go to the store and get your machine replaced, or at least get them to give you a loaner to run alongisde yours (till you have a chance to view your recorded porgams).

See if it can handle the NEW and IMPROVED NAVIGATR.

I Plan to Stick Around

my current box is the second nextbox 3 since 2 months!!!

I'm an Advisor

I recently went through a couple B 4 getting a good one, back in August/Septtember.

Rogers QA on refurbs is questionable.  If it turns on and can handle a factory reset (ie. a reboot wiping the HD clean and  settings back to factory conditions) , its shrink-wrapped and put back on the shelf.

I've asked through the mods here for Rogers to do bit of analysis on refurb returns.

From my  very limited sample of  a few people on this forum. I think it must as high as 50%.

I'm a Senior Contributor

1. UPDATES I TOTALLY AGREE - hundreds of downloads and they last A LONG TIME.

Then reboots and VODs ARE "undefined"

Rogers phone support "wait 30 minutes" (More like 3 hours) and why should I wait?

2.  Seems with EVERY download more and more MOVIE channel are "UNAVAILABLE" at this time!

3.  HOW TO DISABLE POWER-SAVING feature???

4. Is there any way for the reminders to GO TO THE PROGRAM / CHANNEL without having to be in the room to hit "okay"?

Thank you

I'm a Senior Contributor

"Im sure my previous posts will catch up to me but I thought I would update you on my status as of 4pm. Since running last night after the 2am software update and having rested for several hours, my setbox now 4pm wont turn on, the remotes (I have 3) turns the tv on but no setbox. The power button on the setbox has no effect of course.  The good news is that the time displays correctly on the setbox. "

You're not missing much - I'd leave it!

I Plan to Stick Around

and now the ability to toggle the guide/fav buttons has disappeared, and the guide button defaults to fav setting... strange I havent turned box off since last reboot 4 hrs ago...  

I'm a Senior Advisor

@ . wrote:

I recently went through a couple B 4 getting a good one, back in August/Septtember.

Rogers QA on refurbs is questionable.  If it turns on and can handle a factory reset (ie. a reboot wiping the HD clean and  settings back to factory conditions) , its shrink-wrapped and put back on the shelf.

I've asked through the mods here for Rogers to do bit of analysis on refurb returns.

From my  very limited sample of  a few people on this forum. I think it must as high as 50%.

I do believe you've hit the nail squarely on the head. That's the only explanation I can see for all the defective boxes being recycled back into the system. The testing of returned Nextboxes must be about as thorough as the testing of Navigatr before it was released.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Sick to bloody death of this . .

Got up early again to reboot the 3 tv's.  The Guide said "no information available" and therefore no previously scheduled programs would record.   Rebooting re-installed the Guide but all programs scheduled to record, either a single program or a scheduled series, disappeared.

I have been trying all day to re-program them individually (and that has taken several hours to write them all down, i.e. channel, station , date and time)  and every time it keeps saying "program already scheduled".  However, there are no tiles showing in the "List" to indicate the program has been scheduled.  There is also no "red dot" in the guide either.

So what the . ?????   How can I fix this????   I am paying for this service and it is only getting worse!!!   Do not edit this, I want to emphasize how completly annoyed I am and that is putting it mildly. Also, do not tell me how sorry everyone at Rogers is for this inconvenience.

I Plan to Stick Around

@stoneball wrote:

and now the ability to toggle the guide/fav buttons has disappeared, and the guide button defaults to fav setting... strange I havent turned box off since last reboot 4 hrs ago...  

Noticed this too. Not sure how to browse non favourite channels any more. Box seems even more laggy now too.