UEFA Sells Canadian Broadcast Rights for Champions League Soccer

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: UEFA Sells Canadian Broadcast Rights for Champions League Soccer

@Cacat wrote:
This is the harbinger of not understanding the dynamics of soccer when you live here in the British Crown Colony in North America. EVERYBODY who knows soccer follies UEFA and FIFA. Everyone is following the aging superstars they send to play here. Everybody knows that, by far, the highest example of soccer is played by the best players in the world and each and everyone of them plays Champions Cup. Not showing it hurts all involved in soccer education in Canada and shows those who love the truly universal sport that they are SECOND class when it comes to soccer education and knowledge, plain and simple.

First of all - Canada is NOT a British Crown Colony!

Secondly - DAZN obtained the broadcasting rights to UEFA soccer games in Canada simply because they were willing to bid more than Bell or Rogers.  It is a straightforward commercial decision.

DAZN obviously has very ambitious plans to become a major soccer TV player in Canada and other countries. 

I've Been Around

It won’t hurt Canadian soccer but it hurst is that we paid Rogers to watch champions league. Simple I just got back from Europe and my bill for Rogers’s is over 200$ and I’m canceling it right now and then you go complaint to UEFA
I've Been Around

As co-hosts, Canada should automatically qualify for 2026 World Cup.

I've Been Here Awhile

@Validemi wrote:
It won’t hurt Canadian soccer but it hurst is that we paid Rogers to krogerfeedback watch champions league. Simple I just got back from Europe and my bill for Rogers’s is over 200$ and I’m canceling it right now and then you go complaint to UEFA

I think, DAZN obtained the broadcasting rights to UEFA soccer games in Canada simply because they were willing to bid more than Bell or Rogers.  It is a straightforward commercial decision.

I've Been Here Awhile

When BELL takes my money I'll complain. Wait are you telling everyone to cancel rogers and go to bell? Deal with the complaints your the service provide so provide service. We have the RIGHT to be upset and its your job to provide excellent customer service and not be a jerk!!
I've Been Here Awhile

It hurts Canadian Soccer by removing high level exposure duhhhhhhh! MLS is low level that's not inviting anyone to play... Jesus use common sense
I Plan to Stick Around

I had to pay DAZN to watch the best soccer live in play today - incredible late equalizer by DeMaria for PSG , eh! As a British Crown Colony possession, at least we can still see the Barclays Premier that the Bell Rogers Alliance get from the Limeys for our servitude and money we pay to the British Institutions and their parasites here , disguised as the Monarchist League! DAZN had numerous interruptions - very poor transmission and app - no matter the device you stream it on - one can read the hatred Canadian subscribers feel towards them as a UK based streaming station, as we get no more cable! But we got legal pot like those on soma in Aldous Huxley's utopia so as to keep us in line and complacent and stoned. Imagine living from now on without Champions Cup and Europa League on Canadian cable? Neither can I!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I just want to comment on this from a non partisan non biased view. As a TV customer yes it bothers me that a company like DAzN was able to out bid both canadian sports networks for exclusive rights to Champions League.

This not only hurts viewers but it hurts establishments like restaurants and bars.

Now here the good news. It will back fire. If u remember, DAZn did this for football 2 years ago and everybidy was pist they could not watch NFL Sunday Ticket on ANY cable company. So eventually after all the complaints from disgruntled customers the TV rights for sunday ticket came back to every cable company. So a win for cable companies and their customers.

I suspect DaZN knows there will be backlash and will give in but they want to shake up the tv industry even if its the wrong way but it is for their own political gain.

So just to sum it up. I predict it will come back to cable next year after all the complaints against DazN.

I've Been Around

This  is precisely the point they sold the broadcasting rights A corporate decision.  Another dumb corporate decision no different than the dumb corporate decision our federal liberals have done to the oil patch young man. And don’t feed your lies on this not being a colonized country because the attitudes from a business perspective are colonized. It’s about money.... always is and goodbye my Bell account and good buy TSN. An economic deflationary environment and you have the gull to cancel international football/soccer and force Canadians to PAY to watch the best sport on earth. Instead I watch boring CFL NFL and NHL ( watered down over the years ) and the egg head broadcasters ....NOT. Disgusted to the core, a minor reflection of a far larger looming issue, selling out to the biggest bidder. Corporations do not care. Take that upstairs young man. 

I've Been Around

Simple solution . I will never sign with DAZN to watch Uefa soccer . If nobody signs with them - soccer will be back on cable