UEFA Sells Canadian Broadcast Rights for Champions League Soccer

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: UEFA Sells Canadian Broadcast Rights for Champions League Soccer

@Cacat wrote:

DAZN is your only option to watch the best soccer or kroger in the world! Nobody disputes that it is - it has Neymar and Messi and Ronaldo and Mbape playing against one another for real money not for the lie that national pride is these days!! Pay or go without - and be happy with the British Streaming commentators as opposed to the Canadians. 

You are right, it doesn't matter!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Cacat wrote:

DAZN is your only option to watch the best soccer in the world! Nobody disputes that it is - it has Neymar and Messi and Ronaldo and Mbape playing against one another for real money not for the lie that national pride is these days!! Pay or go without - and be happy with the British Streaming commentators as opposed to the Canadians. 

In all honesty, you keep repeating the same thing multiple times, we get it, you love DaZN.  But what you do not realize is that some of us LOVE soccer just as much as you do, especially Champions League, Juventus is the best team By the way!  but a lot of us Soccer loving TV customers do not always get a chance to watch soccer, as we work long hours and have on average 2 small children at home, our children are our #1 priority so we put on television shows that make THEM happy instead of watching what I want to watch, ie Italian Serie A Soccer (which is the best league btw).

Some of us love it but we do NOT go out of our way to Watch every soccer game on Champions League because not just the price of the subscription, but we have busy lives.  I remember last year, I think I watched 3 whole champions league games, and one of them was at home and 2 of them we watched at work cus it was on TV.  Yes its great that DaZN has the exclusive rights but I doubt that many of us will drop everything and call them up and order that package. Not everyone has a lot of disposable income to spend on this, me especially.  Plus how am I going to watch it? on my laptop with a tiny 15" screen?  hardly worth it,  Not all of us have smart TVs or media boxes which we can install apps like DaZN or NetFlix or youtube on, and if we want DaZN, we also must invest in some kind of streaming hardware to connect to our TV which is ADDED COST to the consumer.  When Champions League was on regular Traditional TV (which is the BEST TV by the way) customers DID NOT need to invest in extra computer gear to watch it, our STB picked it up and if we had a pvr we can record it and we could probably watch it on the RAP - Rogers any place app, if we wanted to as well.  so lets get the ball rolling and convince Rogers to bring the Champions League BACK to Cable (Rogers SportsNet Ontario). 

End of post

I've Been Here Awhile

@kioui98 wrote:

@Validemi wrote:
It won’t hurt Canadian soccer but it hurst is that we paid Rogers to kroger Fuel Survey watch champions league. Simple I just got back from Europe and my bill for Rogers’s is over 200$ and I’m canceling it right now and then you go complaint to UEFA

I think, DAZN obtained the broadcasting rights to UEFA soccer games in Canada simply because they were willing to bid more than Bell or Rogers.  It is a straightforward commercial decision.

I guess they have sell it for millions of dollars. Great Deal for Soccer Fans

I've Been Around

This sucks. Soccer is the main reason i have cable
I Plan to Stick Around

Every time I reply adding some pepper and Tabasco sauce I get blocked or edited....so what's a da iusso?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

How do you like now the surprise of not seeing qualifiers - Country vs Country - for Europe 2020? I have DAZN but they do not show it here! America does - regular ESPN! Imagine, even paying for DAZN and not being able to see..say yesterday big match..our colonial masters owners of DAZN destroyed the Czech Rspublic...keep on looking on line on a small screen until you find hilitescwith Siviet commentary....oh, the betrayal!,it hurts...almost as much as the brutal winter in my beloved Canada

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

so its not on cable nor dazn? hah this sucks, someone needs to step in and fix this issue now

I've Been Around

Re: UEFA Champions League Soccer Final

I've Been Around

Thanks Rogers for not showing the Champions League Final . We pay 220 a month and its not enough right how much more you want another 200 to watch a soccer game. We are going to cancel the cable tv and keep the internet and the home phone. Thanks again great job guys i guess i can watch 6 hours of boring baseball

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@frankita wrote:

Thanks Rogers for not showing the Champions League Final . We pay 220 a month and its not enough right how much more you want another 200 to watch a soccer game. We are going to cancel the cable tv and keep the internet and the home phone. Thanks again great job guys i guess i can watch 6 hours of boring baseball

There is no point getting mad at ROGERS CABLE for not showing the Champions League final.  ROGERS CABLE is a BDU which is a distributor which distributes the signals they have carriage agreements with.  There is really no one to get mad at, except well DaZn for getting exclusive rights to the broadcast.  If DaZn had the rights to streaming and other networks could still buy the rights to the cable broadcast, then networks like Rogers Sportsnet could still pick up the feed, but its a tough world out there and yeah someone has exclusive rights to it now, go and complain to them.  I get your frustration, I have an uncle who lives in a hospital and internet is not an option for him only cable tv so its out of the question, but these greedy streaming broadcasters do not care about that they just want to make money reselling the services they do not care if we can not watch it any more