Two weeks in a row PVR won't record specific shows

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Two weeks in a row PVR won't record specific shows

Ok, almost the same issues I had a week ago tonight happened again, but this time no crash involved. Here's what happens, my wife has these three series set to record on Thursday's 8pm, recorded as a series, all new episodes. (This is in South Western Ontario, Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge area).

522 Grey's Anatomy
519 Bachelor
517 Bones

Last week, the Nextbox 3.0 PVR crashed just after 8pm, the only show that recorded after it was backup and runing was Bones. Grey's Anatomy and Bachelor did not record.

This week, no crash happened. But around 8:20 we decided to check if Grey's Anatomy was recording or not, and it wasn't! We checked the Bachelor and it wasn't! We checked those channels and sure enough both of those shows were playing on that channel and in that time slot. Both shows displayed as "New" in the guide. Bones, just like last week, was recorded just fine. We checked our Rogers iPad home edition guide app and it actually showed both Grey's Anatomy and Bachelor as "recorded", but it did not show this on the actual guide on our TV, nor do they appear in the recordings list.

So two weeks in a row the same thing happened. Why are these shows not recording? What would cause this?

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Two weeks in a row PVR won't record specific shows

Since he crash, if you havent rebooted the box, i would try doing that.
(since the app shows them recorded... could just be a display issues on the box, a reboot might fix)

Only other thing i could think of, would be that its corrupted then the SCHEDULE for them.. i am assuming you have it set to series record new, etc?  Maybe something is corrupt on that.  I would blow away the schedule for them, and re-create it.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I don't think this is exclusively a Nextbox 3 problem. Yesterday, when I saw this same question on Digitalhome, I realized my scheduled recording of Bones hadn't happened. I had it set to record new episodes, but it wasn't even in my scheduled recordings anymore. Luckily I found it on a timeshifted HD channel at 11 p.m. (This is with the 8300HD.)  When I checked back in the Guide, it was still shown  at 8:00 p.m. as "new", but the 8300 had missed it. This isn't the first time I've experienced this sort of thing, recording schedules disappearing. This is also the first season I've started scheduling "first run on this channel" recordings since I've been missing too many "time slot" recordings because of unexpected 1 minute changes in start times. I'd heard "first run" recording was unreliable and now I see why.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

Just a follow up to my problem, we realized that the episodes in question really were on the PVR, but not accessible on the other 2 settop boxes in the Whole Home Network. We only figured this out when we went to our family room to watch something (where the PVR actually is), and the missing episodes were on there, but they don't appear on the 2 other settop boxes in the house in the recordings list. We have 20-30 recordings, and these were the only two shows that didn't appear on the other two non-PVR settop boxes.

So they did record, but were only accessible on the PVR box. So still a mystery.