Transfer PVR recordings to Next box 3.0

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Transfer PVR recordings to Next box 3.0

We are upgrading from Nextbox 2.0 to  3.0 in a few days.

Sales guy told me that I would be able to transfer all our saved programs from old box to new box, but that he wouldn't be able to tell me how as its not an official Rogers process that they stand behind.  He said Google it and I'll be able to figure it out.

So far its not looking like its going to be possible. Everything I'm finding implies that with some hassles I can extract stuff to the computer by outputing and re-recording it on the computer, but I don't see any way to get stuff onto the new box, which is the only point.

Has anyone figured out anything that I haven't?

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Transfer PVR recordings to Next box 3.0

Yeah.. i dont know what that rep was telling you.

Pretty much, you can not transfer between the two boxes.. bar MAYBE if you moved the hard drive from one to the other? even that i dont think would work properly.

In most cases.. what i have recomeneded to people.. is to have a small carry over period.  Have BOTH boxes.  Start all new recordings on the new one, while watching off the old one till all watched.
(though this doesnt help if there is stuff wanted to keep more LONG term)

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the response.  

Yeah its more longer term stuff. Movies we taped for the kids that get watched a billion times etc.

Its not like we are talking about hierlooms here, but annoyed that he said whatever to close the deal regardless if it was true or not.

I'll see what the install guy says when he arrives but we'll assume that stuff is gonzo.

I've Been Around

better question is why can't files be transferred. At the end of the day they are just files on a hard dive I have a next box 2.0 that I need to reboot daily to watch stuff on, and having to run 2 boxes just to catch on shows is very obtuse. I don't get why even if it has to be done in store they can't just connect the 2 and download.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Files are files, maybe, but you still need a mechanism to transfer them, which is not part of the box's software.