To the Ignite and beyond

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

Re: To the Ignite and beyond

So, if you want Ignite TV you have to also sign up for internet and home phone? I'm hearing your channel selection will depend on what package/selection you already have. So, if you don't have CTV Drama or Sci-Fi now, you won't have it if/when you switch to Ignite.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Technically, yes.
Its hard to see now, that ignite is the only stuff advertised on the site.
But when it first came out.  If you looked at comparable package,  Say Premier on digital tv and 150 internet package, it was lets say $180, with no phone.  Ignite was the same price, but including the home phone.
I think overall, the home phone part, is essentially added on/there because it can be.  
But really is no big added cost.

The TV packages, are what they are.  Have nothing to do with what you have now.  (as some people could be on still say VIP or something like that still grandfathered).
You choose the package and appropriate channels based on what you need.  Some may be available as flex, and some you may have to go up a package.. some might be able to be added on.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi Laura,

Thank you for the kind words. I hope they are sincere, even though they seem to be a "copy-paste" from a Public Relations textbook.

There is no need to be "truly sorry" for me, I am good and happy with my new setup. I watch what I want, when I want, how I want and save a lot of money in the process.

Rogers is becoming technologically better, not customer oriented better. It's a big difference.

take care !  😄

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Great post.  Thanks for sharing.  I have noticed that most of my time is spent watching Netflix, Prime, Youtube and DAZN.  I would really just need to add the NHL.   With all the problems I have had with Ignite and the overall cost of my services, it may be time to look into what you did and save money.

that was exactly my situation ! when I put down the numbers, the numbers ($$$) did not lie
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Did you switch to Bell?
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Totally agree! What good is a win back offer once you are on contract with another provider? I did this with Bell years ago. I called and told them that this would be my final call to see if we could negotiate a better bundled package. They did not take me seriously at all. I left and went with Rogers and the phone calls from Bell were ridiculous. I have been several years with Rogers and am now finding myself in a similar situation with them.
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Exactly. Who cancels a service before shopping around for a replacement?  If it's internet, phone or TV, you want the new one up and running before cancelling the old one.  Any incentives offered by the one you're leaving are futile by then, unless the agent thinks you're bluffing.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario