Time-shifting channels not showing up!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Re: Time-shifting channels not showing up!

Hello @JEL,

Oh man, sorry to see all the issues you are having. This definitely sounds like something you will need to call Rogers technical support for, might be a poor signal or other factors which they can resolve. 

Good luck, please let us know how this turns out!

Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

Are you sure you're subscribed to them? Not all of the Timeshifting Channels come in the core packages (Basic, Plus, VIP, etc). Usually you need to subscribe to a separate theme pack for a small charge to get additional timeshifting channels. But if you're subscribed to them and aren't getting them I would call technical support ASAP.

I Plan to Stick Around

They are the basic ones, CTV Vancouver and Calgary, Global BC, etc.  I've had them for years and have recorded programs successfully on them for some time. In fact, one has been getting recorded successfully all (fall) season till a couple of weeks ago.

I can't see what tech support would do - it's not like there's some kind of filter to replace.  And I hate Rogers' perpetual "unusually high call volume", no matter when.  Still, I suppose I have no other choice.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@JEL Sounds like a switched digital video problem. Another technology that Rogers doesn't know how to use!

Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

If it's something you are subscribed to and it isn't coming in, my first suggestion is to reboot the box. If that fails, yeah you will need to speak with technical support. It could be a signal issue, something with the box, etc.  I can tell you that when I left work this evening there wasn't any wait time for the technical support departments, so if you're gonna call them, now might be the best time.

I'm a Senior Advisor

The problem is that the Rogers site will not tell you which channel numbers you're subscribed to. For each package you can get a pretty, colourful display of channel logos, or you can get a list of all the channel numbers available in your area. like 999 of them. From these you have to make your own list. What I do is Google Rogers timeshift channels from various sources and then see if they're available on my Guide. Even then I don't know if I'm getting what I'm supposed to be getting. About half the timeshift channels I get are only SD.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

I tried rebooting before, to no effect.  Got ready to call tech support and decided to try reboot again, just to be absolutely sure.  This time it worked!  My time shift channels have returned.  Also, I note that the message on some unsubscribed channels has changed.  It used to say "This service is currently unavailable.  Try again later" - the same as on the missing time shift channels.  But only on some; most still said that I wasn't authorized and needed to call to subscribe.  Now that the time shifts are working again, the correct unauthorized message has returned for all unsubscribed channels.