Time-shifting channels not showing up!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Time-shifting channels not showing up!

I have a SD digital box.Im supposed get Canadian time-shifting channels but most of the time they don't work sometimes! Especially the CTV channels & OMNBC ones. It's said "Channel not available at the moment" I tried rebooting the box etc. Nothing works. It eventually shows up after a while  but it's really frustrating when you tried to watch a show.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Rogers Employee GRtechJason
Rogers Employee

Re: Time-shifting channels not showing up!

Ok this may be an issue with the box itself, is there any tuning error? Or do they work sometimes? Does Rogers on demand load into the menu screens?
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

None of my time shifting channels are working,,,,,really starting to upset me....not the first time this has happen. i do i fix this???

***Edited Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @AshleeRahne

Sorry to hear about the troubles you are having with your Timeshifting channels. Which area are you in? Can you also provide more details as to what exactly is happening when you try to view the channels and if you've tried any troubleshooting steps such as rebooting the box etc? 

Community, please feel free to chime in 🙂 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Here Awhile

i am in orillia.....when you tune in to one of the time shifting channels it says please wait ...loading....then says the channel is not available at the moment.....this has been going on for days now!! I have reboot several times and tried to have the box reset nothing happens

I've Been Here Awhile

thanks for not responding!!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While this is a 'help' forum, its mostly a USER to USER forum. 

For FULL tech support, its always recomended to call into the phone number, where you can get responses right away from someone.

As for your issues.. those sorts of message often can come up when there is a SIGNAL issue.
This is not saying you have done anything wrong, etc.. change anything.

But could be something as simple as a splitter that has failed, etc.

Best bet would be to call tech support, and have them schedule a tech to come out.

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @AshleeRahne,

@Gdkitty is probably right, you may have a signal issue. I have asked an expert from CommunityHelps to contact you via PM. Please keep an eye out for a PM 🙂 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes it sounds like a signal issue to me too

I Plan to Stick Around

Canadian stations in other parts of the country no longer come through.  I get a message that the service is currently unavailable, try again later.  "Later" has been weeks now, as I keep missing shows I had programmed to record on PVR.  I believe I'm still being forced to pay for this service that I'm not receiving.  Any word when I can expect "later" to come around?  I'm in south Etobicoke.

***Edited Labels***