Time-Shifting Channels

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Time-Shifting Channels

I have the Rogers Digital VIP Cable package, which includes

- Extended Basic
- Extra Outlets
- VIP Extra Pack

When I signed up for this in 2009 this included time-shifted channels and I was able to find a listing of them on-line, which I printed out for reference. Last year I got a HD PVR (8300) and I'm finding that when I record one of the time-shifting channels on my list, it doesn't auto-sub to the HD version like the other lower channels do. I've searched the Rogers site for a listing of the time-shift channels in the hopes finding the HD ones, but it seems no such listing exists anymore.

I tried to contact Rogers on line for that information but it seems the only way is through live chat, which entailed a 48 minute wait, last time I checked. I did find an on-line email form through Google, but when I tried that I received an automated email response directing me back to their contact page. Catch-22. Then I got another email address on another forum (rogerscustservice@rci.rogers.com) where I sent my enquiry.

So, I just got a phone call from Rogers, which I thought might be a response to my email, but it turned out to be a survey and sales pitch to up-sell my plan, which I didn't go for. At the end of the call I asked the woman if she could email me a time-shift listing that included the HD and US network channels. She said she could not do that, but would look and tell me what they are. Well, after a very long time she recited a few channels by name, not number, which wasn't much use and then tried to tell me I could get time-shifting at an extra cost of $2.99/month.She also said they were making changes to the time-shifting. What I think that means is that they are cutting sevices, then offering extra cost options to get them back. I told her that time-shifting was included in my original VIP plan and she just tried to sell me more. Anyway, the conversation was unproductive.

Okay, I know that I can find shows on other channels and at  other times on the IPG by pressing "A" and selecting "Title", but tat's a slow, laborious way to do it and it doesn't tell me whare the channel originated unless I can guess it from the call letters. I'd much rather have a listing I can keep handy. So, if anyone has an up-to-date list or link, or just anything you can post here, I'd greatly appreciate it.

***Edited labels***

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Time-Shifting Channels

Is any Community member able to assist @OLDYELLR ?

RogersDarrell

I'm a Senior Advisor

Darrel, somebodt from Rogers would be the only person who would be able to answer this. Rogers knows the answer, but doesn't want to tell me.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello OLDYELLR

I do not know the answer BUT i do agree with you on this. Rogers either the mods or someone at Rogers should be able to know this & help you out. ( I know this is a user to user forum like u do but sometimes its kinda helpful if Rogers had more input)
I'm a Senior Advisor

I posed the question on Rogers Facebook page, which is the only non-verbal communications portal that now exists. The Rogers rep who replied just directed me to the web page where I can find channel line-ups and claimed he did not know of a list. It is my opinion that Roges wants to obfuscate the time-shifting channels and then up-sell a package that has more when you ask about them.

I've Been Around

on which channel can I find CFTO National news after midnight

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@heather7275 : I looked at the timeshift channels and found.

Channel 110, CTVWN at midnight.

Channel 111, CTVCA at 1AM

Channel 112, CTVBC at 2AM

Channel 581, HCTVV at 2AM (HD).

Channel numbers could be different in different areas, but you get the idea.  CFTO is the Toronto station for CTV, so the channels I've listed are not CFTO, but rather CTV channels that have the National news.  These channels will have their own local news after the national news.