TiVo and DTA50 or E940

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: TiVo and DTA50 or E940

C an't seem to find a full manual for this unit (E940) Where would I find the code for the IR blaster ?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@turkk:

I'm pretty sure that the IR frequencies for all the Rogers boxes are the same. If that's true then your answer is in post 11 of this thread?

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

I Plan to Stick Around

I am looking for the code for a Pioneer VCR or PVR  so that the E940 can send the IR signal to the VCR to tell it to start recording. It would be nice to see a manual for this unit

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I can't recall if the VCR timer still works on these STBs.  If it's possible to still set timers on the E940, you could simply set an additional timer on the VCR/PVR for the same time period on L1 (or whatever input you're using, Ch3?) on the VCR/PVR.  If you have weekly timers, you only need to set them once on each device. Of course single recordings would need to be set up each time on both devices.

Very few people still use VCRs, most having switched to Rogers PVRs and HD picture quality.  VCRs are kludgy and only SD.

Regarding the operating manual, you could try searching the Cisco/SA websites for a manual, however, the firmware for each service provider is different, so Rogers might be different from what you find on the manufacturer's website.  Many years ago, very few people had luck with VCRs and blasters, but the dual timer technique that I mentioned earlier does work.