cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The information bar at the bottom is flickering

User1981
I've been here awhile

When watching TV, the information bar at the bottom of the TV screen is flickering. You can see what I mean here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKPi8aVO9F8 

Is this a problem with my TV or is it a problem with Rogers cable?

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: The information bar at the bottom is flickering

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

From your video it looks like you have one of the old SA8300HD PVRs (or a STB of the same vintage).  It may be a problem with the box - have you performed a reboot?  Does this happen on all channels?  I assume it only happens on the info box and not with regular programming on that part of your TV screen.

Does something similar happen when you bring up the guide or your list of recordings or anything else generated by the box and not part of normal programming?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

From your video it looks like you have one of the old SA8300HD PVRs (or a STB of the same vintage).  It may be a problem with the box - have you performed a reboot?  Does this happen on all channels?  I assume it only happens on the info box and not with regular programming on that part of your TV screen.

Does something similar happen when you bring up the guide or your list of recordings or anything else generated by the box and not part of normal programming?

User1981
I've been here awhile

Thanks, rebooting the box fixed the issue.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation