The Weather Network not showing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

The Weather Network not showing

Just got the Roger's digital cable set up, however, 1 channel isn't coming in...it is the Weather Network...it just shows a grey screen, all other channels come in, but not The Weather Network...is there a reason for this? I have tried rebooting the box, but still it doesn't come in... Thanks

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: The Weather Network not showing

Unless your in some weird area.. the weather network usualy isnt on channel 1, as far as i know normaly. (last few places i have lived, always been 23, 24, etc)

Usualy NOTHING really is on channel one.

I've Been Around

Try Channel 586

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I think SuperJeff probably meant one channel, not channel 1. If that is the case it could be just a glitch and rectify itself overnight. If not you may have to give Rogers a call. It could be something on their end that needs a little tweak.

For me, the Weather Channel is on 21.

I've Been Around

weather channel not working on any of the channels offered by ROGERS IN AURORA ON

Hello @iggins

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃 

I always check the weather before leaving my home so I know how important it is to get this working for you. What happens when you tune into The Weather Channel on your TV, do you get an error message or is it a black screen? When was the last time you can recall it working for you?

We look forward to hearing from you!

RogersTony

I've Been Around

I live in Mississauga. Today I am not getting some channels like 23 (TWN). I found nothing posted about an issue. Resetting it didn’t help.

Hello, @hockeyhome

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. I can imagine the inconvenience of not able to access TWN. We can certainly look into it for you. If you are still not able to view TWN or any other channel, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

My mother-in-law is experiencing the same thing at her retirement residence. The screen displays a message saying the channel "is loading, please wait." And, "press any button to resume watching TV" which returns the screen to the last channel watched. She says a few other channels are also not coming in. Very frustrating for a senior. I'm posting this as she doesn't use a computer and phoning Rogers ... well, you know how well that works!!

Hello @Urbanite,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can imagine how frustrating it must be for your Mother-in-Law to be missing channels that are important to her. =(

Usually, this type of issue is related to a signal problem, especially if multiple channels seem to be affected. We can run some tests remotely to confirm this but we will need to gather some information about her service to do this. Please send us a Private Message to @CommunityHelps so we can pull up her info and run some signal tests on her equipment.

If you are not familiar with our private messaging system please check out our Blog.

RogersTony