The Guide

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

The Guide

If there is one thing about Rogers TV service that makes me consider switching to another provider, it is the guide.

I know that the technology exists, so please tell me why I can't view only the channels that I have subscribed to?

I recently changed my channel package to the very basic programming, mainly because I don't have the time or patience to scroll through hundreds of channels, guessing which ones I might actually have.

I now know that if I stay within the 100's I will probably be lucky.

Can someone at Rogers please make it a priority to further develop the Guide program - so that subscribers can opt only to see the channels that they receive?

A second great option would be the ability to great several favourite lists, so that each member of a household can choose their favourite channels and then quickly scroll through the list to find a program.

As I recall, Bell has had these features for at least the last 6-7 years...

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: The Guide

I could not agree more. Not just the technology is outdated, also the look and feel is very old fashioned. Not just to some Canadian competitors, but also to guides that are offered in the USA and Europe, where the option of having several Favourites list is standard for many years now. First small step might be to change to a 16:9 format.
I've Been Around

I agree that the guide is very frustrating and would switch because of it. It's slow and it skips, taking forever to navigate. I would also like to see only the items which I have subscribed, which would make the guide more efficient.

Community Manager (Retired) RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

@KMC, @pearl61, @deamer

Thanks for the comments and suggestions on Rogers guide, I will pass them on! 

Please keep in mind, our community forums were created as a place where customer can go to discuss technical questions.

See you in the community 🙂

I Plan to Stick Around

RogersErin,  kindly add my name to @KMC, @pearl61 and @deamer regarding the question as to why technically Rogers TV customers don't  have a guide indicating only those stations that they're subscribing too. It's irritating when one has to wade through so many stations only to select one that's not authorized. 

Community Manager (Retired) RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

@dbrown20191

Will do

I've Been Here Awhile

The new Rogers guide update has me more frustrated than ever. The font is tiny and the guide loads even more slowly than before. On top of that, the guide cannot be accessed if I'm recording 2 shows simultaneously. This is completely ridiculous! Is there any way to switch back to the old guide? Even that was better than this mess...

I've Been Here Awhile

I almost changed to Bell's Fibe TV recently, but was saved only by Roger's cutting my bill by $100/mth, and one of the major reasons was the guide. Bell supports much more detail of the program in the descrition, they show 10 days of programming (whereas Roger's only provides 7), the ability to search for a program by title or actor, to be able to search all 10 days of lisitngs, not just the day your in and to be able to enter more than the first letter of the title, actor....

I'm commited with Roger's for a year but unless they listen to their customers and provide these user friendly features I will be changing providers.

Rogers Employee Jeffrey
Rogers Employee

Hello KMC,

In regards to your original question, a recent update to the guide has added a feature to help with distinguishing between channels you subscribe to and channels that you do not subscribe to.

• Channels that you subscribe to are displayed in Purple
  • Channels that you do not subscribe to are displayed in Grey
  • When channel surfing using the CH+ button, channels that you do not subscribe to will automatically be skipped

A favourites list is a great idea. Have you tried out the Quick Start Menu that was launched a few months ago? It's got some neat features that you might enjoy.

-Jeffrey

I'm an Enthusiast

"A favourites list is a great idea. Have you tried out the Quick Start Menu that was launched a few months ago? It's got some neat features that you might enjoy."

Really?  Like what?  Everyone I know skips it entirely.  I have it loaded second, so I don't even see it.  What "features" are there for the user and not the Advertiser?