The Guide

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: The Guide

@nisiepie the feature of the greyed out channels should have been pushed to all of the boxes in the latest firmware push..
I've Been Here Awhile

Favourites Guide

Favourites List.

OK, I created a Favourites list of Channels I want to watch. Now when I hit "Fav" on the controller, up comes the first channel in the list. Great, but how do I see what is playing on the rest of my favourite channels. I can use the "up" and "down" arrow keys to scroll through the list of channels in my fave list, but that only shows me what is currently playing. Where do I go to see what is playing ONLY in my Favourites list for the rest of the day.

There muts be a way to do this, but I cannot figure out how.

Signed,

Sore Fingers!

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Favourites Guide

Nope - that's all you can do. There is no way to tie your favourites list to the guide and only see what programming is on those stations. 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have to agree that the functionality of the Rogers guide is completely inadequate and antiquated. I just switched over from Bell and if I would have known how bad the Rogers guide is then I definitely wouldn't have made the move.

When is Rogers going to make this guide user friendly. Basic functionality that needs to be included are:

1. the ability to filter out channels from the guide
  2. the ability to create multiple favouite lists that are mapped to the guide
  3. search

The three items above would only make the rogers guide on par with the bell guide.

I Plan to Stick Around

Is there any plans of Rogers making changes to it's guide to make it more user friendly? I've seen multiple times on multiple blogs the same complaint. I haven't seen any response from Rogers on whether they are going to make changes or why they wont.

I Plan to Stick Around

@ reaking_nexus
I understand what you are saying... But if it annoys so many of Rogers customers you would think it would warrant it as a genuine concern all joking and sarcasm aside.

Maybe I haven't seen it, has anyone from Rogers given any real concern or response to this question?

Retired Moderator RogersHemal
Retired Moderator

At this time no changes are going to made to the view and access to the Guide on Digital box's.  We do plan to introduce a Remote Digital guide which you can access via computer system to search for shows and also record them if you have a PVR.  The feature will be called Remote PVR but no time frame has been mentioned on the release. 

I will notify the community when it is released.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Hemal

In the Rogers Connected magazine the following statement was made regarding Rogers Remote TV Manager:  "It’s accessible online or – coming soon – from a free app for iPhone, BlackBerry or Android devices." This article was published on February 28, almost 2 months ago!

Now you say that no time frame has been mentioned for the release! So which is it - coming soon or coming maybe next year or something? Bell already has this feature along with a far superior Guide which you also state that Rogers has no intention of changing! Should I be signing up for FIBE TV?

Retired Moderator RogersHemal
Retired Moderator

@ IHR

As mentioned I will update this forum once the feature is released for public use. 

Thank you for your comment.

I've Been Around

I agree 100%