Temporary Cable strung for 9 months!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Temporary Cable strung for 9 months!

I had the same problem, the service technician lied and said it would be buried in 2 to 3 weeks. After a year and 25 phone calls nothing has happened. 

The CEO of Rogers, Joe Natale, says they are obsessing over customer service. (Moderator, can you please send this to Joe.)

http://business.financialpost.com/technology/new-rogers-ceo-joe-natale-tells-shareholders-hes-ready-...

While he did not explicitly reveal his plan for Rogers, he cited areas he’s prioritized over his career: namely, customer service, which he was credited for improving at Telus.

“I believe teams only succeed if they obsess over the customer experience,” he said. “I believe building the right culture will drive an unassailable focus on the customer, and that, in turn, will deliver sustained growth and value creation.”

His next step will be to spend Thursday in the field with cable technicians, he said, followed by visits to retail stores and call centres to get a better sense of the customer experience. Natale, an engineer, comes from the incumbent telephone provider that uses a different technology than Rogers, traditionally a cable company, to provide television, telephone and Internet services.

Hi @TucElbac,

Welcome to the Community Forums, and thanks for your post.

Your experience sounds like quite the ordeal, and should not have happened.  We'd like to look into this for you.

Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Regards,

RogersShaun

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm facing a very similar problem.  A temporary line was strung the beginning of october across my property to my neighbour and I was told it would be burried in no time.  However, I have heard that Rogers can take a year and longer to get around to doing anything.  So I called Rogers Oct. 10, 2017 and Oct. 11 a technician came out to deal with it only to inform me that it was not in his hands to do anything other than to put a rush on it, meaning it would be dealt within a week.  Nothing has happened so far and today is Oct. 21.  At this point I cannot reach anybody at Rogers, because they will not talk to people that are not customers of theirs, and since I do not have an account with them,  I even went to a Rogers store and was not offered any help what so ever. 

This is rediculous to just assume it's alright with me to run a loose line across my property.  I even suggested to have the line attached to my house house  properly and decently, but I was informed that its only 'temporary'. 

I surely hope that Rogers will do something reasonably soon.

Hello @InezKochius,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I completely understand why you would be frustrated regarding this matter. Having a loose line running across your property is a major eye-sore.

As per Post 12 in this thread please reach out to us via PM to @CommunityHelps and we will be able to look into this further and escalate this matter for you.

We look forward to hearing from you!

RogersTony

I've Been Around

We have had the same situation, over 10 months.

I've contacted the cable burial department directly over 3 months ago and told just waiting for permits.

I contacted them again to-day, got transferred twice to the wrong departments and was finally terminated after about 45 minutes.  I was told to check our schedule on-line - it appears it's scheduled for install in "August 2014"!!!!

Since it's not almost October 2019, I have to assume they are just running behind, lol.

I have no idea who/what to do next.  The cable is pulling our eavestroughs down and they are leaking at the fascia now.  Every contact takes so long and with no results, it doesn't appear that the employees know where to contact and keep sending us to Technical Support which isn't the correct people.

Could really use some help before the ground freezes again.

Hello, @maggie6

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can imagine how frustrating it must be waiting for the burial of a temporary line especially if it is affecting your eavestroughs.

We definitely want to get this corrected for you to avoid any damage to your property. We can have a technician out to run the line better until the burial is completed. Please send a Private message to @CommunityHelps so we can gather your information and get started on this for you.

If you are not familiar with our Private Messaging system please Click Here.

RogersTony

I'm a Senior Advisor

@maggie6Here is where you can check your cable burial status,

https://www.rogersoutdoorcable.com/app/OrderStatus.asp

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario