Temporarily Off Air on WFN HD channel 542

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Temporarily Off Air on WFN HD channel 542

I am subscribed to the WFN channel in New Brunswick. I have a Nextbox

and I only have issues with a few channels. The movie channels in HD

(channels M1HD ,etc..ch 550, 554, 555, 556)) some times show up as Termorarily off air as well.

On the WFN channel, it is OFF Air 90 % of the time while the WFN non HD version channel 426 is always available. The Off Air on the movie channels only occurs 20% of the time and then not all of the movie channels at the same time.

Very poor service as far as I am concerned since I am paying for a service I don't get.

***Edited Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Re: Temporarily Off Air on WFN HD channel 542

Hi @sgallan

Welcome to the Community Forums and thank you for posting! Smiley Happy

Is it a blackscreen on the channels or is there a message?

How long has this been occuring with the channels?

RogersPrasana

I've Been Here Awhile

No, Not a black screen, but a message box with 'Temporarily Off Air' . It has been going on pretty well since I subscribed to Rogers back in April, but recently has been almost all the time.
I've Been Here Awhile

I tried the complete POWER OFF from the wall receptacle but the same symptoms. As in the other 4 "Temporarily off Air" problems reported, there is no answer to any of them. Does anyone care???

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Hi @sgallan

Definitely understand your frustration with trying to get access to the channels. We can definitely assist with taking a closer look, please reach out to us at @CommunityHelps next time you're online.

RogersPrasana

I've Been Here Awhile

I was trying to access the WFN channel again last evening and the same message was back "Temporarily Off Air". I had watched it earlier in the day but it was not available in the evening. Question: Is the "Temporarily Off Air" message generated by the NextBox or the Rogers TV network? This does NOT look like a local problem with the NextBox. The NON-HD channel always works, but not the HD version.