Temporarily Off Air Problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leblanc_lorette
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Temporarily Off Air Problems

Hard rebooted, waited a few minutes after the reboot and channels are back.

Thanks so much!

View solution in original post

snoopy02
I've Been Here Awhile

Comedy Network East constantly shows " Temporarily Off Air" message.  Comes and goes intermittley.  Also other non-hd channels come up with same message but the hd channel works (ie: channel 3 CBC will show "Temporarily Off Air" but channel 514 CBC HD at same time will be working.)  Any one else in Maritimes having this problem?

snoopy02
I've Been Here Awhile

Hard reboot only works briefly than the next day the same things happen again. 

RogersZia

Hi @snoopy02,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

What box do you currently have? Do you get the error message on the same channel everyday? If you have multiple boxes, do you see the error on all of them or is the issue restricted to just the one box?

Please keep us posted.

RogersZia

birdslayer
I've Been Around

Have done the hard rebout still off air in the woodstock area

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@birdslayer wrote:

Have done the hard rebout still off air in the woodstock area

I'm in the Woodstock area and everything is fine. What channels are you missing?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
CHynes
I've Been Around

The hard reboot works ... for now...
phil57
I Plan to Stick Around

MSNBC. Having trouble with this channel.Go to it and nothing there then you get temporarily of air message. Go up or down one and that channel comes on where msnbc should be .Channel 185 in NB. Tried to reset boxes but Rogers Web sites says busy and technical difficulties. This is digital cable.Sorry i think i posted  in wrong section.

RogersLaura

Greetings @phil57,

Thanks for sharing your concerns with the community! We hope you are keeping well! 🙂

Can you please confirm if multiple boxes are affected by this issue or is it only one specific box? By any chance, have you tried the hard reboot on the affected box(es)? You can do so by simply unplugging the power cord from the electrical socket for about 30 seconds and then plugging it back in. Once the box has fully rebooted, please retest to see if the channel has returned. This solution seems to have helped for some customers,

Please keep us posted on the results! 

RogersLaura

phil57
I Plan to Stick Around

All boxes,rebooted and got reauthorization, finally called Rogers and they told me they had calls on this channel from people so she opened a ticket with the broadcaster. After about 4 hrs. was working on all boxes and received email saying the issue was fixed.