TV shows running over the hour

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: TV shows running over the hour

Ha, ha, an extra 1/2 hour for 60 Minutes isn't enough because a hour of football can be stretched out to 4 or 5 hours. As for adding a minute or two to scheduled recordings, I've found it doesn't always stay saved that way for whatever reason. Also, if you have other programs scheduled in the next time slot, the overlap will count as an extra recording and you'll have to cancel something.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Correct.. it wouldnt suprise me, that this is more of a PLOY from those stations.. to SPECIFICALY do that.. to force you now to more record the next show (as i dont know about other PVRs (from other carriers), but some may only then have the option of recording the FULL next show)... hopeing that they get the person to now regularily watch it, more 'false' ratings, etc?

I'm an Advisor

It depends on the packages you subscribe to, but one of them gets you CBS West, which airs 60 Minutes 3 hours later than Eastern time. Yes, I also realize that making programs run later than scheduled might interfere with other things you want to record at the same time. I never watch anything live and always set up my recordings so that I'm always able to schedule 2 recordings at the same time.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Unfortunately, my Digital Vip package only includes Canadian timeshifted channels. Smiley Mad

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Looks like the new guide provider may solve some or all of this issue. I noticed last night that some of the shows in the guide now end at 1 minute over an hour or half hour. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Really? I will have to check that out.

In the end, i didnt blame rogers for these issues.. its totaly the way the CHANNEL airs the stuff 😞
But its nice to see that there is a form of adjustment for it hopefuly now, if this continues/is on all channels like it effected.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty wrote:

Really? I will have to check that out.

In the end, i didnt blame rogers for these issues.. its totaly the way the CHANNEL airs the stuff 😞
But its nice to see that there is a form of adjustment for it hopefuly now, if this continues/is on all channels like it effected.

Actually, I blame Rogers, it is their job to collect complaints about channel content, including the running time, and pass it along to the respective broadcasters.

If you rent/sell DVRs then you should give a disclaimer or have the problem fixed.

I'm hard on this point, but we pay good money for our services, and we deserve proper services.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Rogers contacting them wouldn't do much, IMHO.

This bothered my wife so i actually contacted the channels personally.
Did get an answer. They pretty much blew me off, saying we choose to do them that way.

We are each entitled to who we want to blame on it (hence why I said _I_ in my post rather than we 🙂

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Gdkitty wrote:
Rogers contacting them wouldn't do much, IMHO.

This bothered my wife so i actually contacted the channels personally.
Did get an answer. They pretty much blew me off, saying we choose to do them that way.

You're absolutely right. The channels strive to be unpredictable  so won't be switching to other channels when watching live. The only thing you can depend on is they'll synchronize commercials. Smiley Mad

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I actually read something for the one channel at least (whichever it is that has Big Bang, mad men etc), which often does this 1 min after thing.

It said that they believed that the channel did it on purpose, banking on people owning pvrs etc.
to get that last min you would have to do over recording or record the next whole show, hoping that they will start watching some of the next show and get hooked on watching that one too.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats