TV says "no signal"

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

TV says "no signal"

My TV has a black screen that says "no signal," what can I do to get it working? I called Rogers but they are closed today.  Please help 

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: TV says "no signal"

If the TV is saying no signal.. means its not getting singal, on whatever input its on.

It is on the correct input, for what your box is pluged into?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Nicole1234567

Have you tried checking all your connections to see if they are okay? Do you have cable anywhere else in the house which u can try the box out & see if that is working?

I would suggest rebooting the box as well to see if that is the issue.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If the TV is saying no signal.. means its not getting singal, on whatever input its on.

It is on the correct input, for what your box is pluged into?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Which cable box or PVR? It could be something as simple as the TV channel being accidentally changed away from Ch 3.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Around

No Signal/Static/Snow/Blue Screen/Black Screen

Verified box has a green light showing on front of cable box and the tv is powered on

Select cable and power. Seclect the guide button. Does it show? If you do see the guide give rogers a call.

If not it is most likely and imput Issue and you would need to find the Imput or source button and choose HDMI or Video option on your tv until you see your channels.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If your tv says no signal then there are a few things you must do first before ruling it as a rogers problem. First check if your tv gets signal from other inputs such as a dvd player or blue ray or video game console. If you dont have another input you can try another device of the same kind on your existing input so if your netbox uses hdmi try connecting your dvd player to the same input to see if it works. If thats not available try swapping your hdmi cable with another one. If its not available try a different cable type such as component rca or composite rca and see if your netbox gets picture if that works weve resolved the issue but still have to investigate cus it could be faulty inputnon your tv or it could even be a bad port on your netbox.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Make sure your TV tuner is on Channel 3

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I HAVE HAD GOOD SERVICE FROM ROGER EMPLOYEES!  ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO I HAD A TECH COME TO MY HOUSE FOR  BLACK BOX MOTOROLA REPAIRS! HE INSTALLED 2 H.D. BOXES.AFTER A FEW DAYS WITH THE REMOTE, "NO SIGNAL" ON SCREEN!! ANOTHER EMPLOYEE ARRIVED, PUSHING REMOTE BUTTONS AND WORKING AGAIN!! IN A FEW DAYS."NO SIGNAL" AGAIN. ANOTHER EMPLOYEE ARRIVED, MADE SOME CHANGES AND EVERYTHING WORKING!!AFTER A FEW DAYS "NO SIG!!   SOLUTION--MAY I HAVE AN EMPLOYEE COME AGAIN AND PUT 2 SMALL BOX MOTOROLLAS BACK ON. I AM AN 80 YEAR OLD DISABILITY CUSTOMER,HOME MOST OF THE DAY!!  THANK YOU IN ADVANCE,  WAYNE

***Removed Personal Info***

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

1. Posting in all caps on the internet is often considered the same as yelling.

2. Given how you've described the scenario, the most likely scenario that's causing your problem is that it looks like that there's some button combination that is being.pushed that's causing the TV to change inputs.

Might I suggest that, if you have a tech in again, make them SHOW you exactly what they're doing to restore your viewing experience. Make them write down the steps if you have to, but don't let them leave until you understand what they've done.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

dunn7vic's post describes a problem I have every once in awhile. For me the problem is usually that the box and the TV have gotten out of sync, When the TV shows "No Signal" I just have to push the power button on the PVR box. They tend to get out of sync when I turn the TV off and set down the remote too quickly or some piece of furniture slightly blocks the remote signal.

As Lurker mentioned sometimes it is the wrong buttons getting accidently pushed.
e.g. Every once I awhile my husband accidently hits the DVD or AUD button. In that case just pushing the TV button followed by pushing the Cable button sets thing back to normal.

Lurkers suggestion to get the tech to write down the instruction sounds like a good idea.   Good luck in getting it sorted out