TV content not showing on screen

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

TV content not showing on screen

I have an older digitial box on 1 TV and a newer Nextbox (2.0 i think) box on another TV in the house.  Both as of this morning will turn on, allow me to access the guide with no trouble, but the screen is black for every channel.  Again, the guides come up, i can surf through the channels, but no show content is appearing.  I thought it could be the box before i tested TV 2 and found the same results.

Any help?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: TV content not showing on screen

Well you can try rebooting them.. though not sure if will help at the moment.

Sounds more like.. for whatever reason.. there is NO SIGNAL.

Best to give tech support a call.. they can check if there is a signal, if they can see the boxes.. if there is an outage in the area, etc.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

One thing you could check it that when you use the remote to turn the power on make sure both the TV and Cable buttons flash.

I had a similar situation once. the box was working but no TV. All I had to do was push the TV button then the cable and everything was back to normal.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes try powercycling the box so disconnect it from hydro and reconnect it let it reboot and see what happens. It mite also be a signal problem too

I've Been Around

Having this same problem.... how was the solution fixed?

Hello @Colindouglas,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I know just how frustrating issues with your TV service can become so I definitely want to investigate this for you and try to find a solution.

Are you getting an error message on certain channels that states "Channel Not Available" or some other error message or do you have a black screen appearing on all of your channels? We'll need a bit more information from you about what is happening before we can determine what the best solution would be.

Any additional info you can provide will be greatly appreciated!

RogersTony

I've Been Around

Been happening to me for the last month or so. Sometimes it clicks in and works, but it's been getting worse and worse. Guide works, I can see all the channels, but just a black screen, no audio. Tried the hard reboot, didn't work.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Jersey33 : The issue you describe is almost always the result of a poor signal in your home or neighbourhood.  Call Rogers and have them check the signal at your home/neighbourhood. They can do this remotely.  See the following post on the topic.  You can also check the signal yourself:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M42...