TV Picture Freezes

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: TV Picture Freezes

@tinttara:

1. Is this happening when you are watching live TV, or a recording?

2. Have you called Rogers to have them check the signal in your home/neighbourhood as I suggested in my previous post?

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi 57, 

It's when I'm watching live.  No have not had a chance to call yet, but will be later this afternoon after some running around.

It was really bad last night with the wind, so am thinking it maybe the line outside.  

Thank you for your help.

Tinttara

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That is quite a possibility, especially if your lines to the house are not burried coming to the house.

May be something was damaged or loosened, which is causing a signal drop.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hello @tinttara :

Just as an FYI, these sorts of issues can be very difficult to get fixed.  What happens may depend on the diagnosis that Rogers does on your signal.  If everything looks fine to them remotely, often Rogers may first send an "inside" technician to check everything in your home.  They may then send an "outside" technician to see if there are issues in the neighbourhood line.  The problem arises if the outside technician doesn't see any issues (for example if it's not windy and the connection looks good at the time.)  It's important to tell Rogers that the issue is worse when it's windy and that you suspect an issue with the line in your neighbourhood, rather than something in your home.

Also, it would be good to talk to your neighbours to see if they have the problem. If they do, you should encourage them to call in also.  The more people who complain, the sooner the issue is likely to be resolved.

I had a similar issue myself a few years ago. A tree branch had come down on the line which impacted the neighbourhood signal on an intermittent basis.  My neighbours were also having issues but they never called in, which prolonged the problem. When I finally got it fixed, they all thanked me, but I was very disappointed in them for making me do all the legwork...

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm currently having unstable TV service. Any TV channel I watch will freeze at random times. Sometimes it'll be only one second interruptions but sometimes it'll be much longer. I've tried to plug out all of the boxes and plug them in one at a time but have had no success fixing the problem. Has anyone had this issue, if so how did you fix it?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@lennycomputer :  These sorts of issues are often related to a poor signal to your home or neighbourhood. Call Rogers and have them check your signal at your home or in your neighbourhood - they can do this remotely.  Here's a previous post on the topic:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M422...