TV Picture Freezes

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Re: TV Picture Freezes

It would make sense for a Rogers rep to monitor these posts to learn of any problems customers are having with their service. After all, they don't give it to us for free and they derive an income from our using them.

HELLLLLOOOOOO! Rogers! Anyone there?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Right, but even the reps that do monitor these forums, are not under tech support.  The can forward stuff on, etc.. but you are then taking an extra step in the reporting process.

I'm a Regular

You don't suppose Rogers is messing with analog customers to get them to switch over? Nah. They'd never do that......
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

ANYTHING is in the realm of possibility.

Gonna be that way, one way or the other eventually..

I Plan to Stick Around

Well after spending almost an hour on hold. The rogers cable tv customer service person was not aware of that there were any customers still on analog and that I was mistaken.

So after  a10 minute conversation explaining that I was still on analog (Rogers Bill in my hand). He finally agreed that a technician would come out in 48 hours to look at the line. I guess analog is out of site ouf mind at Rogers...

At the moment it is unwatchable....

I'm a Regular

Probably too early to say definitively, but I've had my TV on for about an hour now and no freeze ups. Weird or What, Bill? I've done nothing to anything in or outside my house and no tech has been working on the street box under cover of darkness. The problem appears to be Rogers-related doesn't it?
I'm a Regular

@efougere wrote:

Well after spending almost an hour on hold. The rogers cable tv customer service person was not aware of that there were any customers still on analog and that I was mistaken.

So after  a10 minute conversation explaining that I was still on analog (Rogers Bill in my hand). He finally agreed that a technician would come out in 48 hours to look at the line. I guess analog is out of site ouf mind at Rogers...

At the moment it is unwatchable....

@Good that you placed a service call. Wow! Only 48 hours for a tech? They told me nothing until Wednesday!!! Keep after them. I went on Twitter and fired off a few salvos in their general direction and complained to @RogersHelp. Make noise so they know the ants have voices! The CSR I talked to was also surprised I wasn't taking advantage of their marvelous space-age DTA machines. I said up til now there was no need. Analog works fine and I pay less than I would for the digital package I'd probably need to get the channels I still have.

I'm a Regular

Just got a response from @RogersHelp. They acknowledge nothing and want to know more about my connection. I don't think this has anything to do with hardware installed recently by 13 CSIS guys in black van who said they were pizza delivery until I pointed out they had no pizzas. At this point they all pointed up into the sky to distract me and scrambled back into their van, leaving one guy to run after them in the street.

Picture still unfrozen.

I Plan to Stick Around

Lots of freezing here in Brampton. Spoke to several neighbours who are still on analog and the is massive freezing ,stutters lasting 10-20seonds at a time. Bell is looking much better solution at this point. At least for me. Pity. Been a Rogers customer for 20 odd years. Oh we'll... Omni TV - channel 4 has been frozen for 10minutes. Other channels much less freezing.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@efougere wrote:
Lots of freezing here in Brampton. Spoke to several neighbours who are still on analog and the is massive freezing ,stutters lasting 10-20seonds at a time. Bell is looking much better solution at this point. At least for me. Pity. Been a Rogers customer for 20 odd years. Oh we'll... Omni TV - channel 4 has been frozen for 10minutes. Other channels much less freezing.

Bell TV, will be no different than rogers in this aspect moving forward.

Bell (satalite or fibe) there is NO analog.  Never has been.
For each TV, you will require a digital box.

So in the end, will be the same as with rogers.  At least with rogers, you can get the FREE DTA's as an option.