TV Picture Freezes

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Re: TV Picture Freezes

@efougere wrote:
Lots of freezing here in Brampton. Spoke to several neighbours who are still on analog and the is massive freezing ,stutters lasting 10-20seonds at a time. Bell is looking much better solution at this point. At least for me. Pity. Been a Rogers customer for 20 odd years. Oh we'll... Omni TV - channel 4 has been frozen for 10minutes. Other channels much less freezing.

Hope all your neighbours complain as well. It's the only way the gumbies at Rogers will know there is a problem. Mine is still okay so I'll likely be cancelling the service call, which no doubt will trigger more service problems. We've been with Rogers for about 25 years now. I'm of the opinion that the more advanced the equipment gets the more trouble it causes. I'm very reluctant to acquire all the problems I read about with digital and its unstable accessories just for the ability to count Dr Who's nose hairs.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well , after a nights sleep, I thought things would be better. Heavy freezing... I checked with my sister in the North east of Brampton and she has the same problem. Wierd.. She is freezing at the same time and the same channels... Maybe the dont like Brampton...lol...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

if your experiencing freezing on analogue channels, then your neighbours who are tuning in with analogue will also be effected, it might be a problem with the digital to analog conversion done in the head end, after all, when the digital signal gets converted down to analog for the legacy customers such as you, technically if you see freezing it could be a problem at the source, or the head end equiptent which is handing that signal. because analog is so sparse, its best to report it as soon as possible

I Plan to Stick Around

Well it has stopped freezing. Been about 3 hours now.  Almost 48 hours since it suddenly started and just as suddently stopped. No Rogers repair person came here or to the box in front of our house. Wierd... A glitch somewhere.

I'm a Regular

@efougere wrote:

Well it has stopped freezing. Been about 3 hours now.  Almost 48 hours since it suddenly started and just as suddently stopped. No Rogers repair person came here or to the box in front of our house. Wierd... A glitch somewhere.

Funny. Same thing happened to me. Problem is if it can happen once you never know when it will happen again. And Rogers will never admit the trouble was at there end. Isn't technology wonderful? 

I've Been Around

I'm in Brantford, Ont. I am on my 3rd netbox 3. I reboot every day but the picture still freezes.

Tech support has been here 3 times already.

Anybody in Brantford use a dish? Is it better? Maybe cheaper? Finding this so annoying.

I've Been Around

Try changing the channel then back to what you were watching.  Mine has frozen a couple of times and if I do nothing it stays frozen.  Change the channel and it continues fine until the next time.  I hate this new channel guide.  Ever since they changed it i've had nothing but trouble.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The newer boxes and the newer guides.. CAN be A LOT more pickey about GOOD signal.

If you had something before, might have been ok with the previous, but not quite up to what the new box wants.

Call in and pressure them to send a tech out.  Have them check at the street, outside the house, at all outlets, splitters... and replace as necessary

I Plan to Stick Around

It happens to me as well.

I have n older digital HD box.

It started when the new menu was introduced.

I think the older boxes are not faxt enough to support it.

Kind of another gimmick to sell their newer NetBox 3.0

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Pakochan

It's not really a gimmick per say. The fact is that the older NextBoxs do not have the hardware to give u the full compatibility as the NextBox 3.0 does it the hardware is not up to date for the software to be as easy and not laggy.