TV Picture Freezes

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

TV Picture Freezes

Anyone else have their tv picture freeze up for almost a minute every 20 minutes to half hour? I've never had this happen before. We were having fuzzy reception so I called Rogers and thrr days later got a tech. He said the old line was damaged and had to be replaced, so he strung up a temp. That was yesterday. Today I'm seeing the picture freeze during the Bluejays game. It happens on other channels too. 

Now that I think about it, I had taped a show on PBS weeks ago and saw the same thing happen, but I thought it was the tape or the broadcast. Is this the new temporary cable or something else? We don't have the digital package.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: TV Picture Freezes

If you are getting it on ANALOG.. there is some major signal issue.

The temp line, was hopefully to fix the signal into the house.. but if you are STILL experiencing it.. it may be something more... could be at street/feed level, for the whole area.

I'm an Enthusiast

Just called Rogers. There are no reported problems in the area, they say. The picture freezing is on all channels. So it seems to me it is something to do with the connection of the temporary cable or the splitter the tech put on at the box on the side of the house. Seems pretty straightforward. Connect cable to box at street, string to box at house and connect to existing cable from house. The tech used a device to measure signal strength at the street box and said it was okay. He left and the picture was okay that evening. Within a few hours, the picture started freezing up.

Now we can expect a tech to respond sometime Wednesday evening. Either a shortage of contract techs or a lot of folks with problems.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Evening visits tend to fill up quickly.. as no one wants to take time off work 😞

What was the timeframe, of when your issue was occuring?

Could be like the street issue we were having at my place.  Daytime hours, when less usage.. signal levels were FINE.  Come evening.. when there was a STRAIN on the system more.. the whole street was having an issue.

I've Been Around

This is happening to me as well on every analog channel, not every 20 mins more like every 10 mins. I do not think it is related to a wide area problem otherwise there would be much more complaints.. I think it is more to do with some tech changing something in my area. I thought there would be a lot of complaints! I just noticed it yesterday.. so I am going to give Rogers a call, I live in west Mississauga.

I'm an Enthusiast

My brother lives in Mississauga and is having the same problem. Every 10 minutes or less. Rogers told me there are no issues. What gives?

Just checked mine and it happens very often. On every channel.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Maybe it is an issue overall period.. with the analog feed period?

I dont have any analog connections at my place to test it with.. (plus im not at home ATM).  Anyone at home who has an analog connection they can check and see if they are getting the same.?

I Plan to Stick Around

I live in Brampton, and its been freezing since yesterday evening. Im on analog and most channels are freezing for 10-20 seconds. Pretty much unwatchable at the moment. Hard to believe Rogers is reporting no problems.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Its sounding like it MAY be more a global issue with analog 😞

For anyone that HASNT yet.. even if nothing is directly resolved about it.. give a call in, so they can log it.
Make sure you get a ticket number, so you know its logged.

Tell them there are multiple people here reporting it... they likely will need MORE reports through there, to have it actually come up as an issue 😞

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I live in Ottawa so far I haven't had any problems with my analog TV.