TV PVR

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

TV PVR

how do i delete more than 1 recorded program at a time

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: TV PVR

Which PVR do you have?

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Currently there is no way to do what you are asking. I have an NB3 and a NB2. Neither one gives you that option. 

A work around would be to set the recordings to auto delete after a set period of time. That option is in the settings on all the PVRs.

You can also delete everything by doing a factory reset. That will clean out the drive, but it will also reset all your timers and settings.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hi danak,

Here's the multi-item deletion methods I know of:

:

1. On the PVR's 'My Recordings' screen, delete ALL episodes in a single Series Folder by pressing the 'B' button when the desired folder is highlighted, and following the onscreen prompts (to delete the Folder).

2. Delete recordings ONLINE (this is the quickest method to delete multiple recordings if they're not all in the same folder). To do this, in your browser, log in to your Rogers account, then go to 'My Rogers'->'My Account'->'Manage My Recordings' (or 'View Guide'), and once the Guide screen has loaded, look for the PVR's name at the top left of the screen (below the Rogers logo), and click that or the dropdown arrow beside it. Then click "Manage My PVR', then in the pane that opens ensure you're on the 'Recorded' tab. Your selected PVR's recordings are displayed, and you can now just scroll through the list and click to the left of any recorded item that you wish to mark for deletion (filled-in circle = marked, unfilled = not marked). Once you've marked all the recordings that you wish to delete, just click the Trash Can icon that's on the right (just right of the 'Scheduled' tab). Poof, gone!

Good tip about the online trick. Too bad they don't have that on the pvrs themselves. 

Highlighted
Retired Moderator RogersSyed
Retired Moderator

Hey Everyone Smiley Happy

You can delete one recorded program at a time; however you can erase all recorded programs by formatting the hard drive. Please follow steps below to format hard drive;

• Press PAUSE and hold until mail LED light on terminal blinks
  • Press PAGE down on remote once
  • Push LIST 3 times

Within a minute the box will reboot itself. When the reboot process is complete the hard drive will be empty.

Let us know if you require futher assistance!

Thank you 

I believer there is an option now to allow you to delete multiple recordings at the same time.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@jays77 wrote:
I believer there is an option now to allow you to delete multiple recordings at the same time.

Yes, that's right. Instructions described by me here: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...