TV Outlets

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: TV Outlets

This is where.. i leave it then to rogers to DO the work.

I more than know HOW/WHAT to do.. but i leave it to them to install THEIR equipment, then no complaints can be made.

i will give you an example as to how it was done for my house.

Line comes in from outside.. with a single 2 way splitter there.
From that split, there is another 2 way splitter, one going to the home phone modem and one to my internet modem.
(signal strengths there are pretty much bang on where they should be)

Out from the other side of the first splitter.. then is a 3 way..
BUT.. due to one of the TV runs being rather poor, and some of the other loss... rogers installed a SIGNAL BOSTER to increase the signal for the TV.  So the 3 way is boosted.

I've Been Here Awhile

As Datalink pointed out, I can get 3 ports with 7 dB drop  and 2 ports with 10 dB drop...for my cable modem, phone and 3 TV boxes (got 1 TV by now).  Phone would be fine with 7 dB drop. However cable modem would suffer for sure, i need booster (amplifier) for sure. From Gdkitty's experience, TV boxs would not be happy with neither 7 dB drop or 10 dB drop. I think I agree wtih Gdkitty that Rogers technican need do this work..detect signal strength in all ports and make sure all work with booster on right place...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It all depends on what the cable signal levels are at before they hit the first splitter.  If they are up in the region of 5 to 7/8 dBmV (which is high), then installing this yourself wouldn't be an issue as the final levels would be in spec.  But, without knowing what those levels are, you're guessing at the outcome.  It might work, and then again, it might not.  Getting the tech in with the right test equipment will result in correct signal levels for all of the devices.

I've Been Around

I have the "Digital VIP Cable" package from Rogers which is supposed to include extra outlets (up to 6 free) and I'm getting told by the CSR at 1-888-ROGERS1 that I have to pay a one-time fee of $14.99??? What's going on with that?

Retired Moderator RogersAliciaG
Retired Moderator

@mkonanurcox

I would like to help provide some clarity.

Our Digital VIP Cable package includes Up to 3 Additional outlets at no charge ( totaling 4).

The extra outlet fee is $7.49 per month..

Kind Regards,

RogersAliciaG

I'm a Senior Advisor

@mkonanurcox, what @RogersAliciaG said. You used to be able to see how many outlets you had available on your Rogers account, but not anymore. Whatever happened to being able to see that? When the free DTA 50 terminals were first made available, I ordered 4 of them because that's how many more TVs I had that family members could watch. You were only supposed to get up to three, but when I asked for 4, the Rogers rep gave me 4, charging $50 for the extra one and then refunding it. Since I also have 2 PVRs, I got 6 outlets free. I used to be able to see that on my account, but not since Rogers made all the website changes.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

@manveer wrote:

I was looking through myrogers online and I looked through my products and services tab. I went to Tv and it said I  have 2 outlets. I only have 1 digital box running at the moment and I have 2 tv's. I experimented today and moved my digital box to my other tv and it worked fine. Can I ask rogers to give me another digital box because it does say I have 2 terminals?

ps:I am running the Digital vip package

***Edited labels***

You can't get another free "digital box" othher than a free digital converter terminal (DTA50) which will give you the basic cable channels on another TV. To get your full digital package on another TV, you would have to buy or rent another cable box or PVR.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@boysull wrote:

First post so take it easy on me Smiley Happy .

I have Digital VIP and three boxes, PVR, HD, and SD. SD Box is for the basement but I haven't activated it yet (recently moved in). I am entitled to run three TV outlets but there is none in the basement right now. Will Rogers send someone out to do that or should I go ahead and install it myself?

***edited labels***

I've never had Rogers add outlets because I do my own, using the correct splitters and boosters if needed. When I've had signal problems and called Rogers, the tech has always replaced questionable splitters and connectors in my suspended ceiling no charge. If you're entitled to "X" number of outlets but don't have them in your new location, I don't see why Rogers should charge you to add them. However, if everything is inside finished walls and ceilings, that's a different story.  Rogers will only add splitters and staple cable runs along baseboards and over doorways. If that's not acceptable and you can't do it yourself, you'll have to pay a contractor.

I've Been Here Awhile

NO TV SIGNAL

My cable plan indicates that I have two outlets, but I am only getting cable service on one outlet (living room). When my Netxbox is hooked up to the 2nd outlet in my room, I get a "No Signal" message displayed on the tv screen and the Nextbox displays the code "01" - is this an error? I am wondering when my cable was initially hooked up, the technician only activated one outlet and nothing else??

I'm a Senior Advisor

@KATY81 It's possible there is actually no signal because of a loose connection, bad connector or bad splitter. How many boxes do you have? Are you attempting to hook up a second box to the second outlet, or moving the Nextbox from one outlet to the other? Either way, you should call Rogers and report the problem and have them check that you're getting a good signal at both outlets. If it's a connector or splitter problem, a Rogers tech should come and fix it.

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 30 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 12 in conversation