TV Outlets

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

TV Outlets

I was looking through myrogers online and I looked through my products and services tab. I went to Tv and it said I  have 2 outlets. I only have 1 digital box running at the moment and I have 2 tv's. I experimented today and moved my digital box to my other tv and it worked fine. Can I ask rogers to give me another digital box because it does say I have 2 terminals?

ps:I am running the Digital vip package

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: TV Outlets

@manveer wrote:

I was looking through myrogers online and I looked through my products and services tab. I went to Tv and it said I  have 2 outlets. I only have 1 digital box running at the moment and I have 2 tv's. I experimented today and moved my digital box to my other tv and it worked fine. Can I ask rogers to give me another digital box because it does say I have 2 terminals?

ps:I am running the Digital vip package

Are you being charged for 2 outlets or 1 outlet?? Are you the first-time owner of the house?? Are you using a splitter for both tv's?? Outlets and boxes are 2 different things. Sometimes rogers will list the number of outlets/connections the home will have based on when they last went to set up cable service from ground up. That's usually when the house was first built and rogers strung up the cable lines. Of course you can have more than 1 outlet installed at anytime but you pay for them if they are active. Rogers can deactivate the outlets as well as in the case of a tennant house. Your home may say 2 outlets but only one is active. Yes, you can get another netbox but rogers will charge you for it. They may have to activate the 2nd outlet (if it isnt already active) depending where you want the 2nd box for the 2nd tv or they would string cable from the 2nd tv to the main cable box outside of your home. Either way rogers gonna charge you for the 2nd box unless you're on some type of price promo (ie. some plans allow you to get 2nd box for free).

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Different plans have different amount of 'outlets' associated with them.  These outlets, are not per say listing the outlets in your house, but virtual outlet, that allow digital boxes to be attached on the account.

If yours is showing that you can have TWO, then that will allow you to attach 2 digital boxes (of any form) to your account, without having to pay for any aditional outet fees.

Now, you can either get a full digital box (SD box, HD box, HDPVR) to get the FULL range of channels with your package.  You can also call and get one of the free DTAs (digital adapters) which will at least give you channels 1-60 odd (the same as the analog did before they started shutting off the analog channels)

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I'm not sure if it will show on your actual bill or not (if it is, it would be in the details part of your bill), but it might say Extra Outlet(s) Fee, and that fee is usually $6.99.

Like GDkitty said, once you have an extra outlet on your account, you can attach any type of (tv) equipment to that outlet, ranging from any one of their digital boxes, hd boxes, hd pvr's.. but you will have to either buy, or rent the box from Rogers, or go the free digital adapter route (read up on what DA's do if your not familiar).

Secondly, that extra outlet fee that Rogers charges, usually covers up to 3 more tv's on top of your main tv, for a total of 4 in the home.  Let me explain, your main cable charge covers tv #1.  Your extra outlet fee, covers tv's #2, #3, and #4 - all for the same price of $6.99.  Now some people may only want 1 more extra tv - someone possibly in a bachelor, or loft, or small condo... where as someone in a home, should take advantage of all 4.

I've Been Here Awhile

TV Outlets

First post so take it easy on me Smiley Happy .

I have Digital VIP and three boxes, PVR, HD, and SD. SD Box is for the basement but I haven't activated it yet (recently moved in). I am entitled to run three TV outlets but there is none in the basement right now. Will Rogers send someone out to do that or should I go ahead and install it myself?

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

On the account, yes, you are more than able to have that many outlets.

But just take note.. that many 'outlets' just mean really 'spots' where boxes can take up on the account.
It as well, means you should only have THAT many physicaly running outlets in the house at the time.
BUT.. In the end, rogers responsibility in the house.. only goes so far..

Yes, you can get them out to do a setup.  GENERALLY this is a good idea, at least for the sake of splitters, etc.. to make sure they are all PROPER ones (as there are ones which will cut off some of the singal), that the signal is strong enough, etc.

Beyond that.. rogers will not run any cables inside of walls, etc.  They will just run along the baseboard, things like that.  IF you need them hidden, within the walls, etc.... yes, that is something you will have to do yourself, or through a 3rd party company.  Just make sure they are using the BEST RG6 cabling they can.

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Rogers can do it for you. Essentially. VIP gives you 4 Outlets.
1 included in your Origial Package and VIP gives you 3 Additional for free.

You shouldn't do it yourself, mainly because if you do and split lines you may drop signal range on other boxes. When the rogers guys come in, they check to see if signal strength meets their preimuim range. (with their fancy little tool)

If you do it yourself you may get bad experience and the splitter (depending on which one you get) may give feedback on the cable line and you will get static or issues with on demand or certain higher up channels.

and congrats on the new move! Hope you are liking the new place Smiley Very Happy

(Hit like if I was helpful!)

I've Been Here Awhile

Gdkitty, there are four outlets in the house, 2 on main floor (one for modem, one for tv), 2 upstairs (1 in Master, 1 in guest bedroom). Guest bedroom is not being used. When you say active do you mean live or in use?

I've Been Here Awhile

oh you didn't say active sorry

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah.. active.

So for the ones in those rooms not used.. they would be best to REMOVE them from any splitter work that is there/changed.. dont waste the signal going to something which isnt there.