TV Guide update - Atlantic Region

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: TV Guide update - Atlantic Region

I have the dcx 3510-m
I Plan to Stick Around

I spoke to an in store rep here in St John's and he stated that when they rolled out the guide it didn't work on the new boxes like the dcx 3510. It only worked on the dct boxes and the guide update for everyone else has been rescinded
I'm a Senior Advisor

This whole situation sounds like the same we went through in Ontario.

Can any moderators get information to confirm or deny the information that @Mythen received from a store rep.

Here in Ontario, it took getting the media involved and a member who had shares at an annual meeting to finally get some clarity.

We are expected to be "patient", but there is a limit to when patience switches to alternative emotions like frustration.

We seem to be moving through third party answers that the upgrade was rolled out to the older box, and that the new box didn't get it and this last notice says that it has been rescinded for the newer HD boxes.

So It appears across the TV Media platform, for the whole company, it is full of unknowns - change up on IPTV implementation for Ontario to Comcast  products and improved infrastructure that allows scaling, sometime in 2018, and it appears for Atalantic Canada, you remain in the dark for the HD boxes.

Seems to be Rogers attitude is that we need to be patient, and wait and see what will come, with no communication, except for 3rd hand statements from various sources, but nothing official.

Boy, what a way to run a business.

All I can say at this point, is 1. live with what you have, 2. sit and wait, but continue to ask questions, 3. jump ship if that option is avaialble.

Basically none of these solutions are really satisfactory.

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

"I can't understand for the life of me why they degrade their product with this attitude."

The above is a quote from my recent post.  The more I think about this situation that we are beating around in this thread and other concerns/complaints from customers there appears to be only one conclusion a person can draw from the recent state of affairs at Rogers.  It must be $$.  Why else eliminate incentives.  Why not correct the correctable annoyances to customers.  Why not communicate the bad instead of just the good.(everyone understands that things happens.)  A lot of money has been poured down the drain on some ideas which proved costly.  Showmi and their own version of IPTV as a couple of examples.  Is this the result of trying to keep dividends flowing to shareholders despite a number of miscalculations.  There is nothing wrong with shareholders receiving something on their investment but if management is canniablizing things to provide that return then we all know what the end result will be.  I could go on with more examples but suffice it to say this has the feel; to me, of a company in trouble more so than a company who doesn't care.

I'm Here A Lot

Well that's the most info I have gotten from anyone.

Thanks, A neighbour a few streets over works for Rogers. I may ask him if he knows what the plans are for the

dcx 3510 Boxes, Honestly I would hope they just upgrade to the Nextbox 3.0 so we could at least record more that 2 channels.

b.

Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

Hey Community,

We can certainly understand the excitement surrounding the new TV Guide. Based on our findings, the upgrade should've been pushed to the following boxes:

DCT 6200

DCT 6208

DCT 6412

DCT 3416

DCT 700

DCT 2000-2500

DCT 6416

We will try and update the Community once we get further news.

RogersRoland

I'm a Senior Advisor

I am not sure there is a lot of excitement anymore about the supposed changes, but it certainly puts a postitive outlook on this whole situation - looks like people were right - DCT only, none of the other product.

But I am sure they appeciate some kind of update @RogersRoland.

I think the Atlantic users now just want to know, has the push out to the alternative box (DCX HD boxes) been put on hold, and what happens next.  We in Ontario did at least get advised when push of the upgrade due to issues happened.  Reviewing the dates on this thread, it appears that the DCT updates went on as projected, then from there, there has been silence from Rogers directly to impacted customers since.

I wish this was an unusual occurrence for Rogers to keep we the customers in silence about changes to reported announcements, but unfortunately it is not.  I thank the staff on the forum for doing their best to get information, but you can only report what information you are given, and advise customers that as soon as you have information, you will try to update us with that news.  In the meantime, frustration just grows.  You would think they would have learned with Navigtr, but it doesn't appear so.

We didn't like it, but we at least knew that we had been heard (not to say that the feedback and I am sure questioning of the company that @RogersRoland isn't appreciated), but the answer to the question of "what next" and what is going on is left to the rumour mill which I can personally say leads to a lot of frustration, and it confirms the belief that Rogers does not keep us up to data when things go wrong or will be delayed.  We have to nag for it.

Are they that worried that customers, or shareholders are going to leave, because reading the financial reports, they don't keep their shareholders up to date on these issues either.

Annual general meeting is coming up - maybe time for a few customers to attend and bring it up in the Q&A period - that is how we got some clarification in Ontario.

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

I think I just had a brillant idea...since I see Rogers' trucks in my small town frequently I think everytime I see a different Tech. in his/her vehicle I am going to ask them if they know anything. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I have had a few rants on here regarding the no show guide. I have a very small non HD receiver in my garage. model unknown as i have never checked it. Anyway have not been out for a couple months due to cold and xmas. Weather was nice so went out, started fire ,snapped on the ole tv and low and behold had a new guide. Just about hit the floor . And let me tell you it ain't worth the wait. It is Ugggggly. Black on top and bottom,white letters and where the time and channels are is Forest Green. Geez. What a color scheme. 9 out of 10 channels i went to showed temporariliy off air. Did a hard reset and most came back. It is simply lovely. They better shelf there other plans.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Hey, at least they are consistent - sounds like Navigatr in a different way - it was "lipstick on a pig" as many described it. Poorly designed, colour scheme was poor, fonts were too small.

Guess you may have to wait for IPTV from Comcast - 2018 they say, I am shooting for closer to 2020, but if they take it out of the box it may go very smooth once Comcast has it nailed down.

The description of your TV viewing experience in terms of the senses while you were in the garage sounds very calming and wonderful though. Maybe just leave the TV off and enjoy the ambiace.

Bruce