TV Guide update - Atlantic Region

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: TV Guide update - Atlantic Region

They can stick their guide. The only reason I'm with Rogers is the good deal i get on my tv,internet,phone bundle. And oh yeah cause i don't like bell.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Same reason why I currently have them - I currently have many options, but the current deal is a good one that meets my needs. And I don't like Bell either.

Bruce

I'm Here A Lot

It's almost January and my guide still has not been upgraded
I'm in corner brook NL
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Bbrake:  Per post 53 of this thread, do you have a DCT or DCX?

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't think anyone even has the DCT boxes. Has anyone even reported getting the update on one in this thread. It's been so long I can't remember. I know they say there was but no one around here has that type or gotten it.
I'm a Senior Advisor

DCT or DVT boxes, I think that Atlantic Customers have a legitimate concern.  It is three weeks ago the post occurred with no further updates.

So, although I agree the post is there 2 pages back with the update from a moderator (I think), indicating the delay and to wait for updates, no information has followed (not new, we watched this saga in Ontario too where we heard nothing for weeks on end about any status updates).  So how about an announcement from Rogers if or when they plan to get to the DVT boxes.  They were quick to announce it to the Atlantic Customers that it was coming, then for those few that no to come to this forum to ask questions, they are left in the dark.

Just an observation, and it was asked by someone on here who has a DCT box what they think, and there was silence (maybe they are all so happy that they have no reason to come here because they are watching TVSmiley Wink)

But joke aside, my recommendations to the Atlantic users, if you have not received official notice of delays (this forum is not official notice as most customers are not going to come here), then I would start escalating until first you get an answer from a Rogers Employee

(1) that it has not been rolled out to the DVT boxes, and only to DCT boxes

(2) that it is official that there is a delay until notifyied of the update to the DVT boxes

(3) and hopefully that they can give an estimated date and if they can't say that too.

This is called transparency and accountability.  That buzz word of the day for consumers - but reasonable that customers expect it.

As I have learned, this board is user to user, occassionally we will get a statement from a moderator that provides us with an update, but this is not really a forum that will get to all impacted customers, so if it is being said here, my feeling has always been that impacted customers (the company knows who they are - they told them it was coming) should be getting the notification.

So the only way I have found to try to get accountability and transparency is to start directly at the bottom, and work your way up the escalation process.

Just my two cents - It is so great that Rogers has listened to our requests for involvment in beta questions and regular feedback on the forum - in the form of the wonderfully in depth work being done with the Hitron modems and all its issues,.

But,... we in Ontario went through 15 months of poor communication from Rogers on what was happening with our version of settop box and programming, and here we see Atlantic customers going through the same process.

If any Atlantic customers on the board can say that they have received updated information along the way, I am happy to be proven wront, but it all looks so familiar.

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

Simple observation: Aren't DCT boxes SD or non HD? Maybe I am wrong but if I am not, why push this new HD menu on those boxes firts? 

I Plan to Stick Around

I do believe your are right "marpuli". 

Bruce I hear you about escalation and all...but I'm old school and really believe that a man is only as good as his word.  I don't feel it is up to the customer to pester Rogers into keeping their word over so many smallish isssues(which then become a larger satisfaction issue).  Since I started comming to these boards I see all manner of ligitimate concerns/complaints that just get the slient treatment.  For example their website is just terrible from the miserable fonts and colours to the very intueitivness of it.  The fact you have to live with a guide that can not be configured with subscribed only channels(don't get me started on using the favourites option).  The fact that customers from one area have an inferior PVR to another area.  And on and on.  Why Rogers doesn this I don't know because I have no complaints on the reliability of their services and if they would only communicate and then fix issues that do exist they probably would be a superior provider.  I can't understand for the life of me why they degrade their product with this attitude.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Webster01  I agree with you one hundred percent, I am old school too and don't believe that we should have to pester to get things done, that someone should take ownership for each customer issue that arrises (like the old days) and I also believe that a man is only as good as his word, and that applies to corporations too.  I also feel that I shouldn't have to pester Rogers either, but that is the system they have decided to put in place, so for me and you, our frustration just grows.  As to why they keep doing it, it hasn't impacted their bottom line using this model, and the CEO Guy Lawrence who was going to bring improved customer relationships, tried in the early days, but it petered out, now we have a new person - time will tell what this new person will do.

For now, we are stuck in the middle. I don't have any answers except for the suggestion for the only option available, escalation.  As others have suggested, and I am inclinded to agree, the forum is a place where we can help each other, to a limit, and it is also a place that delays us going directly to them and pestering them.  It certainly is not a place to promote change in the organization from my experience.

So I agree with everything you have said, and I have along list of things that never changed, or took for ever.  We all have a long list of examples.

Just trying to be helpful withing my limits, I am just a user like you, and I like to try to help and validate that we have all been through your experience too.

All the best and a happy new year, Bruce

I'm Here A Lot

I have the dcx 3510-m